I'm 19 years old and I'm thinning on top, I know it happens to people but I'm very worried, it's giving me headaches thinking about it and I feel very paranoid over it, I used to have a healthy head of thick hair when I was young. It is not hereditary, I have no allergies or medical problems at all. It's making depressed everyday and I can't seem to think about nothing else. I hate people noticing it and then telling it to me, stating the obvious and there is nothing I can say or do about it. I want to be able to do something fast, I have eating the right meats, taken the right and correct amount of vitamins and herbal medicines, head massaging, oils, been to my local doctor, and nothing. Is there any advice here that anybody is willing to give me ? I would appreciate it so much .

Thanks

Alex

Hi

Sorry to read your story. I know it's hard to see your hair thinning at the age of 19. I noticed the signs of a receding hairline at the same age. Unfortunately, your diet, taking vitamins etc wont really have much effect on what is going on with your hair if it's male pattern baldness you're suffering from. There are medications out there such as propecia which you might want to research. You might want to check out Spex's website and arrange a meeting with him as he'll offer sound advice. I'm sure you'll get some great advice by the guys on here.

Try to do as much research as possible on not only this forum but sites such as http://www.hairlosshelp.com/

Hi Alex, I was also your age when I first noticed that something was happening to my hair, so I know how it feels when you're thinking why is this happening to me, at my age? I also know that any degree of hairloss is very worrying for a teenager. First think I can tell you is forget about finding excuses for it, if this is the start of m.p.b its got nothing to do with your diet or health. You dont say if your hair is just getting thinner or if your hairline/temples are also receeding.

Try reading my info guide by clicking on the link below it may be helpful to you, and keep us informed if you have anything more to add about your current situation.

Again mate 19 was my intro to mpb, i know what you're going through. Propecia should help if you're in the early throws, certainly thickened my hair up and that was 8 years after i'd started losing it. The good thing is there is hope for you these days through meds and HT's that work. So dont panic too much and take some advise from the guys on this forum, their experience is invaluable. Good luck and i hope things work out.