drumnbass22

********* Centre

PB you were on it a few days weren't you? I think your being very paroniod <_<

Probably... but my forehead has swollen up like elephant man so I'm not imagining it. I obviously can't know for sure if finasteride caused it or not.

I took 5 tablets, split into 4 or 5 bits so I took it for at least 3 weeks.

Have you noticed any difference in your hair with the fin?

Hi PB, yeah defo no further loss <_<

How is your growth coming in? Any new pics?

The monthly difference isn't so noticeable now that there is hair everywhere. I just had a very short haircut, much shorter than I wanted so now there isn't enough hair to cover my recessions and my hairline is visible. I suppose I could take some pics of the short hair to show the hairline. I'm looking a bit bald though with it being so short - probably about half to 3/4 of an inch all over :lol: I think more hair has come in because my hairline is pretty dense looking and that thin area I had at the front is looking a bit better. If my recessions weren't so deep, it would look OK this short but there is a very visible V shape now :o I'm back to being a Ray Reardon look-alike, like I used to be before minoxidil stripped the hair off the front centre of my head.

The hair being cut so short will not help your hairs illusion of coverage. I'm sure once its grow a little you will see a big difference. Look forward to seeing some more pics.

I thought i read somewhere that you were happy that you had been given a more appropriate recession for you age due to the limited donor issue. If your temples had been closed off that would have taken up more donor leaving less for further back, wouldn't it?

Got hold of the doc,

will be sending off a cheque tomorrow, how long does it normally take for your package to arrive?

From looking over a lot of the posts I've decided against the minoxidil route, opting instead for zinc, MSM, nizoral once or twice a week and proscar. Should this have a good chance of keeping things as they are?

Maybe its cause i've been reading this forum a lot over the last week, but I now seem to see my hair as being thinner than a week ago!

Really want that package to turn up...

Cheers team

Drumnbass22

Glad to hear you are going to give the minox/reg a wide berth,bloody stuff <_<.with the combination of proscar,nizoral and msm to speed up hair growth i think you have a very good chance of "keeping things as they are",proscar is the one you really want as this should halt the loss and help grow some back,keep you course going for at least six months and then you should see some improvement.

All the best TBF

opting instead for zinc, MSM, nizoral once or twice a week and proscar.

Zinc won't make any difference and taking it will cause an imbalance of minerals. If you are deficient in zinc, that can cause hairloss but if you are eating a normal diet you won't have a deficiency of zinc - hardly anybody in the developed world does (unless you are recovering from post-alcoholic cirrhosis or have diabetes).

Zinc can be toxic if taken in excess of two grams per day. Symptoms of this toxicity include gastrointestinal irritation and vomiting. High zinc consumption may promote copper deficiency due to the antagonistic relationship of these two minerals.

I thought i read somewhere that you were happy that you had been given a more appropriate recession for you age due to the limited donor issue. If your temples had been closed off that would have taken up more donor leaving less for further back, wouldn't it?

I mentioned at some point that I'm happy that I didn't have my temples closed off because then I would look ridiculous after the hair behind it receded but I would like less of a V shape on my hairline, or at least not such a sharp V. I'm not saying that I'm unhappy with the work that was done (if that was what you were implying I meant), just unhappy that I don't have enough donor to get rid of my deep recessions and get the top of my head filled. If I had more donor hair I could have a less sharp V without closing the temporal angles (I didn't mention anything on this thead about closing my temporal angles).