Sign in to follow this  
Martin1

My Fantastic Experience With Dr Feller

Hi there guys, well i am back after some mission. I am still incredibly tired as literally only returned this morning so will post more info soon along with some pics once Dr feller has had chance to send them over.

The experience was just brilliant. I arrived there at 7am and waited for the DR who wasn't far behind me and he introduced himself. Instantly warmed to him as he has a soft manner and was cracking gags in the lift about if it breaks down not to panic as it only took 4 hrs to get out last time!

We had a good chat and he assessed my situation and remarked that my donor area wasn't as poor as i had originally thought and felt that i was easily going to be able to hit an appropriate number and leave some in reserve:)

The surgery was text book and will not go into it as you have read the details of the procedure many times. I will say though that i didn't feel a thing other than the initial numbing needle which stung a bit! :P

Dr Feller didn't feel that we needed go over 2500 at this stage as my requirement didn't quite warrant it and with the chance of further loss he wanted to make sure i had enough for a potential second procedure. This was fine by me because this had always been my concern that i would never have enough to fill the entire area worst case senerio due to my poor donor density. But with the appropriate placement Dr Feller has made 2313 go a long way and hopefully if i maintain my existing front as well i'm going to be better off than i thought. I think you always think the worst, well i do.

We finished up and took a couple of pictures and i was back in my hotel in the city by 5pm which was great. The pain kicked in big time and luckily had my meds ready to deal with it :) I'm back now and travelled home with ease. I wasn't asked to take my hat off going through customs which was a relief and slept the majority of the night-time flight home.

I can honestly say i did far too much worrying prior to the surgery as Dr Feller and his staff were absolutely brilliant and made me relaxed and comfortable. The procedure itself was easy, its just the waiting part now!! ;)

I intend to leave my staples in for 10 days as Dr Feller said this would be more than sufficient, I can't wait as they are starting to get tight!! :huh:

I'm going to hit the hay for a little now guys as just exhausted but as many of you know on a high at the same time! :D

Congrats Martin, i know you were worried about your donor, weren't you expecting about 2,000 grafts?

The worst part is defintately over, now you are home safely, all you have is the healing and waiting stage to get through, hard but not painful.

well done

Really pleased for you mate im glad all is well. The waiting isnt as bad as you think once the first couple of months are over its a breeze. Well done again mate you deserve it. :)

Nice one mate. staples get annoying after a while but before you know it they are out!

good result

Well Done youv'e sailed your way through the hardest part now all you got to do is wait or should i say

wwwwwaaaaaiiiiittttttt

If your like me you will try to take everyones advice not to keep looking in the mirror but its a bit like the

fruit pastels advert on tv ( you just have to chew ) and you just have to look

Hope you get great results All the best.

Well done Martin.

Cant wait to see your pics mate.

Looks like your journey has just started.

How long was you in NY for mate? What are your plans for the next few weeks and how long are you off work for?

All the best bud

Stevo

Thanks guys for the kind words, much appreciated crew! :)

Just had a good sleep so i guess no sleep for me tonight now!! :huh:

Here are my pics:

post-334-1152184299_thumb.jpg

post-334-1152184324_thumb.jpg

post-334-1152184340_thumb.jpg

Thanks Dr Feller for sending me the links ;)

How long was you in NY for mate? What are your plans for the next few weeks and how long are you off work for?

I was in NYC for a total of 5 days and loved them all. Its a brilliant place although the weather was a little shitty but it didn't stop me doing anything :P

I have got another 3 weeks off and then might take aonther week off depending on the healing. I will just have to wait and see but i'm fortunte that i've got a lot of holiday owed to me..I have been saving it up for this :D

hey martin, looks good or should i say its going to look good, hows the swelling?

for me all was gone after 3 days (i think).

Hi martin looks good mate,

you'll have a great result im sure, thanks to the good doctor.

Its great that you've got all that time off, i think you will be healed well by the time you go back to work. Get some aloe vera for quicker healing, if you have'nt already? as it really does help, i think its safe to use on the recipient after 7 days to be sure.

apply to doner area as well as it will be easier to remove the staples if its well moisturised. :)

Have a speedy recovery, mate all the best :)

Couldn’t resist popping back in to congratulate you Martin – I know how long you’ve been waiting for this. Looks like another excellent job :) . The island of hair you had at the front should grow back and will help disguise the HT; which will help a lot (I didn’t have anything at the front). The island appears to continue further down, outside your recipient area. I suppose Dr Feller was allowing for future receding of that tuft.

Another 6 months and you’ll be as handsome as me and Ian :) – I don’t know if there will be enough MILFs to go round with all you guys getting new hair.

Martin,

Congratulations...I'm glad that it went as well as expected for you. The best, as many here would say, is certainly to come!

Yeah, that elevator in Feller Medical's current location is a scary thing...I'm guessing it's temporary; he had mentioned to me during my consultation that he was actually buying a building nearby; apparently what he was paying in rent would get him a lot more. Hopefully the new place will not have that crappy red chair :) .

You'll also feel a hell of a lot better once the staples are gone; I bid farewell to mine roughly a week ago and, at this point, aside from some trivial sensitive areas in the back of my head and the fact that I have buzzed hair growing back around the scar, have largely forgotten that there is a scar there at all. My girlfriend checked it out recently and was surprised at how nearly invisible it was, even with my extremely white skin...amazing what skill and dedication to the craft can do for one's patients!

Grow well, grow often!

Benjamin

P.S. Why is your avatar an iron?

Many thanks to all the guys, really appreciated :) :)

Sleeping was o.k last night, its the body clock thats giving me trouble more than anything! I am sleeping upright with a number of pillows behind me. There is a little amount of swelling but not too much so hopefully i will get away with any more, fingers crossed.

Thanks for the tip Pete2 B)

Another 6 months and you’ll be as handsome as me and Ian – I don’t know if there will be enough MILFs to go round with all you guys getting new hair.

LOL, hope so!! :)

Good luck Spursaman, you will be fine B)

Yeah, that elevator in Feller Medical's current location is a scary thing...I'm guessing it's temporary; he had mentioned to me during my consultation that he was actually buying a building nearby; apparently what he was paying in rent would get him a lot more. Hopefully the new place will not have that crappy red chair .

He mentioned to me also that he has bought a new building just round the corner. He said he is moving in there in August. He mentioned he had shown Spex it and he was blown away :blink: Is it nice Spex?

My girlfriend checked it out recently and was surprised at how nearly invisible it was, even with my extremely white skin...amazing what skill and dedication to the craft can do for one's patients!

No doubt. Mine is looking red but this has already calmed down. I am applying the infamous Aloe Vera! :)

P.S. Why is your avatar an iron?

Good question. Johnyd247 on the forum slagged Fellers hairlines off and said they all looked iron shaped. Hence the iron. ;)

Hi Martin,

Looking good. :) Glad everything went well for you. You may have written this somewhere already but whereabouts did you stay in the end and did you like it there?

Hi Boro, I stayed at The Raddison on Lexington. It was very nice 3* and great location :)

Boro, are you seeing Feller soon? Good luck mate :)

Alright Martin

Just been looking at your pics again. I think your results will be shit hot as your hair at the back looks thick so once the front grows its gonna be happy days. Nice one mate !

What meds have you been taking and was your hair at the back thinner before you started on them ?

Hi stevo, thanks mate!! :)

I have been on Propecia/Proscar for nearly a year now and it has certainly helped stop further loss and thicken up generally. :)

I am so happy I can't tell you mate. I have been waiting to get this done for a long time now and I am so glad i waited and found Dr Feller. He was very happy with how it all went and is as excited as me to see the final result. :)

Well done mate

Look forward to seeing more pics.

Keep em coming.

Ive been on propecia coming up to 6 months with no re growth, bit gutted really. Could do with it thickening up a bit at the back.

No not yet, gonna stay on propecia for now.

If its starting to strengthen the hair on my head then im happy for now. Ill wait and see what happens in the next 12 to 18 months.

Happy growing Martin. What density did Feller do your grafts at? The waiting period can be a bit of an emotional rollercoster so hang tight! :)

Looks good, congrats!!!

Just wondering if you would post a picture of your HT at 7 and 14 days post op. I'll be very interested to follow the healing process. Good luck and Im sure as each month goes by your smile with get bigger and bigger!!!

Thanks Gasman! I am not intending to keep posting update pictures as i'm not particularly camera friendly but will get my wife to take some shots when we take the staples out. I am going to try limit my time on here and other forums as need to just chill at least for the next 4/5 months anyway. I have spent far too much time on these forums..with good reason but now i feel i need to just sit back and relax B) A leaf out of PB's book :)

You any closer to your possible procedure?

What density did Feller do your grafts at?

Dr Feller distributed them accordingly at approx 45cm2 on the hairline and slightly less behind :)

Thanks Hairroot :) Great to read you are seeing good growth, very encouraging :)