Sign in to follow this  
tony.yale

Proscar Info

I'm 24 and started using Proscar (divided into four pieces) about 10 weeks ago. My hairloss is not that bad at the moment (thinning slightly at the crown and a bit at the front) but wanted to start using Proscar before it became a major issue.

I am interested to here from people who have been using this drug and how long it took them before they noticed a difference?

Also, I know this is going to sound stupid, but what should proscar taste like? I ask this Q because I have bought mine from a company in the far east. The product came with all the packaging and instructions but just want peace of mind that I'm taking the correct stuff!!!??

Any information would be grateful.

Thanks

Tony.

It will take roughly 4/5 months for you to see a slight difference and roughly 8/10 before you can see a significant benefit from it - You must really continue to take it for at least a year to establish if its benefiting you - 95% sure it will!

Take some pics now as a control as the eyes have the ability to play tricks.

Photo evidence is your best control and monitor it that way.

Can't really say mine tastes of anything - i've been on it though 6 yrs so maybe i'm just used to it - possibly a bit chalky - i get mY PROSCAR from my GP roughly £150 a year - kosher stuff!

I've only started taking this yesterday but it doesn't really taste of anything? I suppose cutting it to 5th makes it harder to taste seeing as the pill is small and easy to swallow so no need to taste just drop it in my mouth and finito.

Damn, 4 to 5 month for anything to show? I was hopping or think 3 months at most and I can see a difference. I should be patient I suppose and yes taking pics is a good idea.

norman - everyone is different - i'm just trying to give you a good bench mark! try not scrutinize over your hair - i know it's hard!!!

take pics and try not examine your hair all the time as then you weill see a bigger difference and feel much much more positve about it!

good luck!!

Many thanks for your quick response to my questions. Will take advice on board. The pills I have don't really taste of anything either, if a little chalky, so should be fine!

Another question I have is, I am also taking vitamins that have been specially fomulated to aid hair growth and flax seed oil. Will these help to combat hair loss and help new hair grow in your opinion?

Thanks again

they will not help stop hair loss but will help with general health of hair - will not do you any harm

You are 100% right specs, looking at my hair everyday expecting a change wont help me at all. I need to forget about it and just check every few weeks, with pictures also. It's hard as you guessed but I'll get there I hope.

You will mate - i can assure you. Take the meds and reassess in 3/4 months i can assure you you will see a difference and that difference will only get better over time upto the 1 year mark - then you will stabalise.

Keep your hair short if poss and try not over use meds - remember less is more :blink:

lol.. yeah. I'm only using MSM, Proscar & Regaine at the moment, which I'm assuming is ok. Don't think I will be using anything else, it's kind of pointless getting Nozarel (spelling?) since I usually keep my hair very short or do you recommend it? I don't know but since I shave my hair to 1 it seems pointless.