Sign in to follow this  

Big 3 Not Working On Me - Alternative?

hello people... great board and thanks for being here for us people! well i've been on proscar since 1 october 2005 and i've been on regaine and nizoral since february 2005... doesn't seem to be working as i'm still loosing hair, the scalp on my crown is starting to become more visible so i'm thinking of trying something else... has anyone any advice as to what other treatment i could use?

thanks ;)

A hair transplant is the only thing that worked for me; everything else is total BS - especially Rogaine that only made me lose even more hair ;)

You could try DUT instead of propecia - sounds like your MPB is particularly aggressive ;)

yeah i think regaine is also causing more hairloss on my side... haven't used it for 3 days, washed my hair and had perhaps no more than 5 tips of hair on my hand while washing.. usually with regaine in practice i've got well over 30 tips of hair on my hand... i'll finish off the proscar course. the cheapest i've found dut is £230 for 3 months!! does anyone know of anywhere i can get this cheaper?

how is the hair transplant?? does you hair feel and grow naturally?? i have a friend who says hair transplants don't look natural as its planted into your scalp in straight lines?? i don't know much about this but how does it look and feel for you guys?? its permenant hair too right ?

yeah i think regaine is also causing more hairloss on my side... haven't used it for 3 days, washed my hair and had perhaps no more than 5 tips of hair on my hand while washing.. usually with regaine in practice i've got well over 30 tips of hair on my hand... i'll finish off the proscar course. the cheapest i've found dut is £230 for 3 months!! does anyone know of anywhere i can get this cheaper?

how is the hair transplant?? does you hair feel and grow naturally?? i have a friend who says hair transplants don't look natural as its planted into your scalp in straight lines?? i don't know much about this but how does it look and feel for you guys?? its permenant hair too right ?

They use to do hair transplants with plugs in "corn rows", like on a doll's head but nowadays you can get hair transplants that look 100% natural. Not in the UK though, you'll have to go to the US or Canada to get the job done properly. My transplanted hair at the front looks exactly the same as the natural hair behind it, I can't even tell myself where the transplanted and natural hair meet. And yes, transplanted hair is DHT resistant so you don't need any pills or potions to keep the transplanted hair.

Your hair might have become minoxidil dependant seeing as you've been using Regaine for more than a year, so if you stop using it you might experience even more hairloss for a while. I used it for 10 months and just lost more hair during the time I used it but fortunately didn't notice any extreme hairloss once I stopped using it (some people do!). I suppose seeing as it didn't work at all, I didn't have any "saved" hair to lose.

I have posted pictures of my regrowth form using the naturalis topical. However, it went missing.

Anyway, my advice is stop what you are using for 6 months, this period is to remove the residual effect of using the regain , nizoral ...etc .

The topical should be used for at least 6 months.

i'm going to try dut and see how things go... have any of you had any success with regrowing hair in the front?? i know its hard to re-grow hair at the front of your head but just wondering if any of you have had natural treatment to regrow the front part...

For the frontal regrowth I am using naturalis topical. I have been on it for one and a half years.

how are you finding it?? is ot regrowing frontal hair? maintaining or just slowing down the balding process??

Nothing regrows hair at the front other than a hair transplant - anything advertized as re-growing hair at the front is a scam. Save your money. The world is full of lying scumbags that will sell you crap to get your money.

Nothing regrows hair at the front other than a hair transplant - anything advertized as re-growing hair at the front is a scam. Save your money. The world is full of lying scumbags that will sell you crap to get your money

This is all true

i'm a bit nervous about this hair transplant thing... where did you get it done PBB? how many grafts and how much did it cost??? any info would be much appreciated

You really need to be looking in the hair transplant section to get more info on it.

HT section :)

PB had his HT done by Dr Feller.

Regards

Spex

oh cool... thanks... its a shame there is no treatment for frontal hairloss... i'm going to finish my course on propecia and then try dut.. see how it goes.. going to look into hair transplant also.. thanks again