Sign in to follow this  
spex

T.v Show Last Night!

For you U.K guys that watched the programme last night on celebrities and hair transplants i just want you all to know that the show was from the dark ages.

I was very disappointed at how uninformed this show was about the new technologies involved in hair restoration. The show made the viewers believe that options are limited and that it would potentially entail a procedure that was invented in the 1960's - scalp reduction.

After watching this show last night it has really left a bad taste in my mouth -

I'm seriously considering putting together something in terms of a programme which is much more appropriate and informative regards "hair transplantation today". An informative programme about what is actually being achieved now and how undectaecable results are today. Not 20yrs ago!

I'd be interested if any of you u.k guys would be interested in assisting me in this.

contact me on the forum or at the e-mail address below

regards

specs

Hey specs!

As you know im off on my travels very soon, not sure if i could be of any help?

Jus wanna say that i think what ur suggesting is a great idea i think it would open peoples eyes, hair transplants are such a taboo subject in the UK.

Good hair transplants should be promoted!

Specs

Watched the programme you mentioned but up here in Scotland we are a week behind.

So the programme about hair transplants is on Thursday 22.00 on STV if anyone in Scotland is wanting to watch it.

Will post back when I have seen it.

Bill

Hey Specs, stophair.

There was an article in last weeks News of the world about Shaun Williamson, Barry from ex-eastenders fame, showcasing his new hair transplant. Anyone see it? Looks pretty good!

It was done by the Farjo clinic in London, 2 x 5 hour strip surgerys, 3700 grafts. By all accounts he seems very pleased with the outcome. Not sure about price tho, the article said it cost £3000 Although it was News of the World :blink:

Apparently a documentary was made about the whole process. Going to be aired on Discovery Health and Beauty on May22nd. Should be intersting!

heard through the grape vine about it - on tele today on this morning about 11am.

Fargo in all my experience have been a little behind the rest ofthe pack in terms of ht leaders but never the less will watch the show and give you my opinion - for what its worth

I hear you specs on the Farjo clinic, They dont seem to be offering the very latest procedures?

Be interesting to see the Docu tho and old Barry biggin up his experience!

Hi Specs

Watched the programme last night and it was terrible.

The treatment looked as though it was carried out by a butcher and certainly in no way reflects todays transplant techniques.

Thay showed various other treatments being tried from the fifties, it seemed.

No mention of Propecia or Regaine.

Trying to shock to get viewers rather than tell it how it is.

I'm seriously considering putting together something in terms of a programme which is much more appropriate and informative regards "hair transplantation today". An informative programme about what is actually being achieved now and how undectaecable results are today. Not 20yrs ago!

You know I'm with you on that.

Bill

There is a 2 page article about Shaun Williamson, Barry from ex-eastenders fame and his hair transplant in Todays Daily Mail, 22March.

The documentary about it "Wish you were hair" will be shown on Discovery and Health ( A new channel from Discovery, launching in May ) at 9pm on Tuesday, May 24.

AGT

There is a 2 page article about Shaun Williamson, Barry from ex-eastenders fame and his hair transplant in Todays Daily Mail, 22March.

The documentary about it "Wish you were hair" will be shown on Discovery and Health ( A new channel from Discovery, launching in May ) at 9pm on Tuesday, May 24.

AGT

I just bought the Daily Mail and just whoa.. I'll scan the pictures laters and upload them for you guys to see... It's amazing how much he looks different now, age wise.

Edit: Here it is, my scanner seems to be not workig so I took a pic instead:

berry%20001.jpg