RonnieF

#2 spex

spex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,557 posts

Posted 22 January 2005 - 05:47 PM

SP competes w/ DHT to attach to androgen receptors in the prostate. It can be beneficial for those suffering from a condition called benign prostate hyperplasia .

So people assume that since it competes w/ DHT for androgen receptors in the prostate, that it must do the same thing for androgen receptors in the scalp, and therefore, would be beneficial for those suffering from MPB.

Fact is, there is no proof that it does a thing for hairloss. It certainly doesn't work in the same way as Finasteride does; that is, it does not lower levels of serum DHT in the body. As far as actually lowering DHT, it only has a localized effect (it lowers DHT in the prostate only).

Again, there's no proof whatsoever that SP competes w/ DHT for androgen receptors IN THE SCALP.
Consultant and Showcase for Dr Feller and Dr Lindsey and Beauty Medical's SMP.

All opinions expressed are my own.Website : www.spexhair.com

My Hair Loss Education project : MaximumHair MinimumLoss.com

Posted Image

#3 stophair

stophair

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 23 January 2005 - 01:39 PM

Serenoa repens is the medical name for the herb saw palmetto.The deep red fruit of this small palm grows wild in warm climates such as those found in the Southeastern United States.

The liposerolic extract of the fruit of Saw Palmetto is the most popular herbal supplement for the promotion of prostate health in Europe.

Research has shown that the herb Saw Palmetto has the same effects as finasteride in treating patients with benign prostate enlargement. In fact, the herb is very popular and common in Germany and is available as an over-the-counter medication. There are many research and studies in Germany that confirm the effectiveness of Saw Palmetto in treating patients with prostatic disease.

More and more people around the globe are starting to use Saw palmetto in the treatment of benign prostatic hyperplasma and in the treatment of Androgenetic alopecia

Since both hair loss and prostatic disease are related to DHT, many suggest that Saw Palmetto will also be effective in treating people with hair loss by reducing the amount of DHT in our body and around the hair follicles. Although there is no formal study or testing to confirm the effectiveness of Saw Palmetto in treating hair loss, many companies are already preparing topical hair lotions that are formulated with Saw Palmetto.

Saw Palmetto

http://www.stophairl...aw_Palmetto.htm

Saw Palmetto and Beta-sitosterol Study

http://www.stophairl...aw_Palmetto.htm

Saw Palmetto for Hair Loss

http://www.stophairl..._Treatments.htm

Bill

#4 jonathanlo

jonathanlo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 February 2005 - 10:46 AM

hi!
i have heard something called hair collagen for hair grwoth from one of my friend, the product use a newly ingredient called TRICHOGEN. My friend is using it, the comment is positive

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users