• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Samson

Samson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 December 2006 - 09:49 AM

I suffer from what I call the Samson-Complex. With every hair thats lost from my head, I seem to loose more and more of my power (ie self confidence).

I've had two hair transplants that costs about £3,500. I was happy with the result, but regret now letting the doctor place my hair line at the temples too low. For things to be perfect I'd need at least another one or two transplants. This isn't something the doctor told me at the time, and I would advise anyone having a HT to place the hair line/temple line as far back as possible. You can always bring it lower at a later date.

Having more operations at the moment isn't an option for me. Just too damn expensive. Over the last year I started to get a bit depressed about my hair again. Terrible worry that people could notice my implants - I'm talking really paranoid, the worst feeling I've ever had in my life.

I scanned the internet for weeks looking for solutions and this forum really answered some questions for me. I am very grateful to the others here that have shared their experience & knowledge. It was a great help to me.

So ...... I read about this Nanogen stuff. I couldn't decide if it was as fantastic as some people said or if it was just a big scam like other people said. But because I was desperate I thought I might as well give it a try.

So I bought some Nanogen (med-brown) without the locking mist (seems any hairspray will do) off the internet. The package arrived last night, I was very excited but resisted the temptation to try it straight away because my girlfriend was there. I've been with her five years and she doesn't know I've had a HT (or at least she's never said anything).

This morning I was up early to try it out .... and guess what !! This stuff really, really works !! I couldn't believe my eyes. I sprinkled a bit on the front of my hair, and the scalp just vanished. I sprinkled some more on while looking in the mirror close-up to see how it was working. There were some tiny lumps of powdery fiber in my hair, and when I rubbed it in a little my hair just became thicker looking ..... it was almost like magic. This is NOT a sales pitch. I really wanted to hear about other peoples experince to help me make my mind up. So now I have some experience of my own I want to share it.

The colour I choose maybe slightly too dark. The colour charts on the websites didn't help me much. After much research, there seems to be a really cheap 'clone' version of Nanogen for sale on e-bay. After all Nanogen/Toppik etc probably costs next to nothing to make. I don't regret the price for my Nanogen though - I would have payed more just to try it, but the next time I'll give the cheaper 'clone' version a try (£4 per bottle instead of £30). If I get the same sort of results I'll be more than happy.

So my advice to anyone thinking of having a HT is :
YES - Do it, but make sure the doctor is good and the hair lines not too low. It will take about a year before things are normal, and about two years before you get the full result.

Advice for anyone thinking of trying Nanogen :
YES - Do it. Don't bother with the fixing-mist hairspray. Be careful about the colour, and maybe go for the generic 'clone' version because £30 every 4/6 weeks will work out very expensive after a while.

I hope this has been of some help. I can upload some before & after photos if anyone doubts my word !.

Good luck.

Samson.

#2 johnobrien

johnobrien

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 24 December 2006 - 10:48 PM

Mate use that Instant Hair stuff I mentioned ages ago. Is EXACTLY the same as nanogen and Toppik but only costs 9 pounds, go to eBay and get a free sample. Nanogen is great but so is this and it does not cost an arm and a leg! Check out its feedback if you don't believe me and as the sample is free, you don't even pay postage, you've got nothing to lose.
Merry Christmas everyone!

I suffer from what I call the Samson-Complex. With every hair thats lost from my head, I seem to loose more and more of my power (ie self confidence).

I've had two hair transplants that costs about £3,500. I was happy with the result, but regret now letting the doctor place my hair line at the temples too low. For things to be perfect I'd need at least another one or two transplants. This isn't something the doctor told me at the time, and I would advise anyone having a HT to place the hair line/temple line as far back as possible. You can always bring it lower at a later date.

Having more operations at the moment isn't an option for me. Just too damn expensive. Over the last year I started to get a bit depressed about my hair again. Terrible worry that people could notice my implants - I'm talking really paranoid, the worst feeling I've ever had in my life.

I scanned the internet for weeks looking for solutions and this forum really answered some questions for me. I am very grateful to the others here that have shared their experience & knowledge. It was a great help to me.

So ...... I read about this Nanogen stuff. I couldn't decide if it was as fantastic as some people said or if it was just a big scam like other people said. But because I was desperate I thought I might as well give it a try.

So I bought some Nanogen (med-brown) without the locking mist (seems any hairspray will do) off the internet. The package arrived last night, I was very excited but resisted the temptation to try it straight away because my girlfriend was there. I've been with her five years and she doesn't know I've had a HT (or at least she's never said anything).

This morning I was up early to try it out .... and guess what !! This stuff really, really works !! I couldn't believe my eyes. I sprinkled a bit on the front of my hair, and the scalp just vanished. I sprinkled some more on while looking in the mirror close-up to see how it was working. There were some tiny lumps of powdery fiber in my hair, and when I rubbed it in a little my hair just became thicker looking ..... it was almost like magic. This is NOT a sales pitch. I really wanted to hear about other peoples experince to help me make my mind up. So now I have some experience of my own I want to share it.

The colour I choose maybe slightly too dark. The colour charts on the websites didn't help me much. After much research, there seems to be a really cheap 'clone' version of Nanogen for sale on e-bay. After all Nanogen/Toppik etc probably costs next to nothing to make. I don't regret the price for my Nanogen though - I would have payed more just to try it, but the next time I'll give the cheaper 'clone' version a try (£4 per bottle instead of £30). If I get the same sort of results I'll be more than happy.

YES - Do it, but make sure the doctor is good and the hair lines not too low. It will take about a year before things are normal, and about two years before you get the full result.

YES - Do it. Don't bother with the fixing-mist hairspray. Be careful about the colour, and maybe go for the generic 'clone' version because £30 every 4/6 weeks will work out very expensive after a while.

I hope this has been of some help. I can upload some before & after photos if anyone doubts my word !.

Good luck.

Samson.

Sorry, it is now called IH THICKENER I suppose it is an abbreviation? Regards, John.

Mate use that Instant Hair stuff I mentioned ages ago. Is EXACTLY the same as nanogen and Toppik but only costs 9 pounds, go to eBay and get a free sample. Nanogen is great but so is this and it does not cost an arm and a leg! Check out its feedback if you don't believe me and as the sample is free, you don't even pay postage, you've got nothing to lose.
Merry Christmas everyone!

Good luck.

Samson.

#3 PB_

PB_

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,455 posts

Posted 27 December 2006 - 08:31 AM

Hi Samson,

Please do post some pictures, not that I doubt your word but I would be interested in seeing the placement of your hairline and also the difference Nanogen makes. I have used Nanothik and I like it, in fact it's the only "hair product" I've ever used that does what it is advertised to do. What does your hair feel like with Nanogen in it?

PB_

4532 grafts in two procedures with Dr Feller
Dr Feller 17.11.2005 - 2700 grafts into front 1/3 - excellent growth
Dr Feller 8.6.2007 - 1832 grafts in total - 1300 dense packed into hairline @ 65+ grafts/cm2 and 532 into crown (almost all singles at the front with a few doubles at back of hairline - all crown grafts are multi hair grafts)
Dr Lindsey June 2008 - 711 FUE
My Webpage

#4 Samson

Samson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 18 January 2007 - 09:57 AM

I e-mailed 'Instant Hair' to ask for my free sample. They contacted me very quickly, and sent me a bottle of their product straight away. The hair fibers look exactly the same as 'Nanogen'. It's well worth giving them a try. Contact : Stephen *******"  e-mail : instanthair@googlemail.com

Good luck.

Samson

#5 bigmac

bigmac

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 732 posts

Posted 18 January 2007 - 06:31 PM

i too have purchased this instant hair recently
its just the same as toppik but a lot cheaper.
well worth £9

Two bad HTs with Norton
One bad HT with a Greek fue clinic

Great Ht With Shapiro Medical Group

#6 Stan

Stan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 01:52 PM

Thanks for the advice on the IH Thickener, got my free sample the other day and as you say it sthe same as the other branded types but a fraction of the cost.

To anyone thinking about using fibres I can certainly say they work for me. I have diffused thinning to the mid area and as long as you get a good match colourwise the transformation really is excellent, even my wife who had a good poke about once I'd used them could't see the join (so to speak). Locking mist is a waste of time, just use cheap fine hairspray.

#7 s.a.f

s.a.f

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 918 posts

Posted 01 April 2007 - 07:37 AM

Does anyone know wether these hair fibre type concealers show up under UV nightclub type lighting? I saw a post on HLH where someone claimed that they wore it to a nightclub and it shone on their hair under such lights. Very embarrasing!
--------

My HT Experience/Info pack

----------

#8 johnobrien

johnobrien

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 01 April 2007 - 08:50 AM

No, you will be surprised. They are all fantastic. Pretty much undetectable. Have used mine in all circumstances and no one has ever said anything .I have 100% confidence in them.

QUOTE(s.a.f @ Apr 1 2007, 08:37 AM) View Post

Does anyone know wether these hair fibre type concealers show up under UV nightclub type lighting? I saw a post on HLH where someone claimed that they wore it to a nightclub and it shone on their hair under such lights. Very embarrasing!

#9 Samson

Samson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 04 July 2007 - 09:18 AM

Hi - Just to up-date. I'm still using 'micro-fiber' products on my hair. I've tried just about everyone there is I think, all with more or less the same results. I've even used the spray version, and found that surprisingly good ! I'm currently buying from a French web-site that I found while surfing the net : - chutedecheveux,info - The people there are very helpful ..... they even answer in English ! Well worth a look if your in the market for these products.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users