19 replies to this topic

#1 PB_

PB_

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,455 posts

Posted 08 January 2007 - 09:41 AM

I think this would be a good place to have a collection of accounts of those who have been butchered along with pictures and info about where they were butchered/who butchered them to help new readers quickly find the clinics/doctors to avoid. Any chance the butcherees could copy and paste their accounts into this section so they can be easily found (even if you haven't been for repair work)? There are some very informative accounts that have been buried in the Transplant section.

PB_

4532 grafts in two procedures with Dr Feller
Dr Feller 17.11.2005 - 2700 grafts into front 1/3 - excellent growth
Dr Feller 8.6.2007 - 1832 grafts in total - 1300 dense packed into hairline @ 65+ grafts/cm2 and 532 into crown (almost all singles at the front with a few doubles at back of hairline - all crown grafts are multi hair grafts)
Dr Lindsey June 2008 - 711 FUE
My Webpage

#2 s.a.f

s.a.f

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 918 posts

Posted 08 January 2007 - 12:57 PM

http://stophairlossn...p?showtopic=995
--------

My HT Experience/Info pack

----------

#3 Slaps

Slaps

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 16 January 2007 - 09:53 PM

The work of Kevin Hartley c/o Norton Hair Clinic... note the ugly wide strip scar (which looks much worse in the flesh) and the smattering of unnatural coarse pubes, there are divots, cobbles and scars across both temples which the camera hasnt picked up. This little lot cost me 2100 and was done in Dec 2005. (not 1985) Although I havent counted them, I firmly believe I recieved fewer than 200 grafts which is of course a totally unnethical use of strip surgery in late 2005.

I complained to Norton and was invited to see Jeremy Isherwood, the same unqualified salesman who conned me in the first place, he suggested I pay him another 1200 for a Fue repair of the scar. mad.gif

[attachmentid=1845][attachmentid=1844][attachmentid=1846]

Attached Files

#4 PB_

PB_

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,455 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 01:28 PM

Do you have any immediate post-op pics?

What on earth made you go for a HT, when you already had loads of hair blink.gif ?

PB_

Dr Feller 8.6.2007 - 1832 grafts in total - 1300 dense packed into hairline @ 65+ grafts/cm2 and 532 into crown (almost all singles at the front with a few doubles at back of hairline - all crown grafts are multi hair grafts)
My Webpage

#5 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 January 2007 - 03:25 PM

i
QUOTE(PB_ @ Jan 17 2007, 01:28 PM) View Post

Do you have any immediate post-op pics?

What on earth made you go for a HT, when you already had loads of hair blink.gif ?

I dont have any other pics, as for the HT i know im at more fortunate that some lads in that I have a fair head of hair although its no where near as thick as the photos make it appear, its just that i hated my hairline and wanted to see if it was possible to thicken and straighten it. Of course I realise now that a HT is serious thing, but once I made an appointment with Norton my fate was sealed sad.gif .. Isherwood persuaded me it was a very minor procedure and would make all the difference, much the same as he did to PatchyP.

I dont blame myself too much, I was naive and vulnerable with hindsight I feel i was not a suitable candidate for a HT and certainly not for strip, Isherwood should be selling cars or double glazing not working as a HT consultant, Kevin Hartley is an incompetant and unethical surgeon who should be doing his own consultations.

In truth had I been given the facts by an ethical surgeon of course I would never have gone through with this.

#6 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 January 2007 - 05:39 PM

I have 2 of those bald white streaks an inch apart. Hartley really does'nt have a clue what he's doing I wonder where he learn't his techniques from? Maybe a booklet on how to returf a lawn?
As you mentioned you are fortunate to have plenty of surrounding hair to disguise this botch job, I was a nw6!

#7 s.a.f

s.a.f

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 918 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 05:41 PM

QUOTE(Guest @ Jan 17 2007, 05:39 PM) View Post

I have 2 of those bald white streaks an inch apart. Hartley really does'nt have a clue what he's doing I wonder where he learn't his techniques from? Maybe a booklet on how to returf a lawn?
As you mentioned you are fortunate to have plenty of surrounding hair to disguise this botch job, I was a nw6!

--------

----------

#8 Slaps

Slaps

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 04:17 PM

#9 PB_

PB_

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,455 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 07:21 AM

After s.a.f's news about the new N***** 6000 FUE scam yesterday, I expect that this topic will be busy in the future sad.gif

Repair has been possible after smaller butcherings, but I wonder what the victims' scalps will be like after an attempted 6000 FUE operation by these inexperienced butchers - I fear these victims may be beyond repair unsure.gif

PB_

My Webpage

#10 PB_

PB_

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,455 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 08:20 AM

QUOTE(Slaps @ Jan 17 2007, 12:53 AM) View Post

The work of Kevin Hartley c/o Norton Hair Clinic... note the ugly wide strip scar (which looks much worse in the flesh)

I complained to Norton and was invited to see Jeremy Isherwood, the same unqualified salesman who conned me in the first place, he suggested I pay him another 1200 for a Fue repair of the scar. mad.gif

[attachmentid=1845][attachmentid=1844][attachmentid=1846]

I don't know how they get away with this mad.gif !

PB_

My Webpage

#11 hairless

hairless

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted 03 June 2007 - 08:09 AM

i know

#12 s.a.f

s.a.f

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 918 posts

Posted 04 June 2007 - 11:09 AM

Their customers are purely the uninformed and niaeve. People who know nothing about HT's and think that N.orton is their only option.
Also you can blame the useless w@nkers at the HCC and GMC who either dont have the balls to take on N.orton and his lawyers or are getting backhanders to ignore the mountain of complaints that are piling up against this clinic. mad.gif

Just take a look at my pics if you want to see some even worse results than the ones above, this guy was lucky he still had plenty of hair to help disguise it.
--------

----------

#13 Slaps

Slaps

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 08:15 PM

Just been surfing about and not sure whether I can believe my eyes, it appears that Kevin Hartley may be now working for Rogers Medical. unsure.gif

http://www.clonemyha...tation/catalog/

If Rogers is using useless tw#ts like this he is seriously jeopardizing his reputation as the best HT clinic in the UK, I hope im mistaken.. blink.gif

I was planning to pay a visit to Dr Rogers but if I ever laid eyes on Hartley again..

#14 s.a.f

s.a.f

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 918 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 09:31 PM

Maybe he's jumped from the sinking N.0rton ship but if Rogers is employing this hopeless butcher then he's shooting himself in the foot. unsure.gif
Maybe someone should PM him as he's a forum member so he can explain himself?
Maybe he can get Hartley to come on here and try to defend his appaling work on some of our forum members? dry.gif
--------

----------

#15 Slaps

Slaps

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 08:12 PM

[quote name='s.a.f' date='Jun 7 2007, 10:31 PM' post='20903']
Maybe he's jumped from the sinking N.0rton ship

We can but hope these shitbags are sinking, can you imagine how satisfying it would be to see their saleman Isherwood stacking shelves or trying to flog double glazing laugh.gif alas I fear they have a few years of butchering ahead of them before the authorities see sense and close them down, or someone 'persuades' dry.gif N.Orton that its not politically correct to take money from and disfigure people just because they have a desire to avoid baldness

#16 PB_

PB_

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,455 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 12:15 AM

QUOTE(Slaps @ Jun 8 2007, 11:12 PM) View Post

I fear they have a few years of butchering ahead of them before the authorities see sense and close them down, or someone 'persuades' dry.gif N.Orton that its not politically correct to take money from and disfigure people just because they have a desire to avoid baldness

The authorities don't appear to give a shit dry.gif

PB_

My Webpage

#17 spotty

spotty

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 03 September 2007 - 11:20 AM

I am new to the forum so Hello to you all.

Its just a relief to be able to write about it all somewhere & i hope now to be an active poster.

I believe i have been butchered in this field and i intend to write all of it down when ive time.

I had a Choi implanter strip surgery at ASANTO in athens greece 12 months ago & to this day the results are shocking and getting me very down all the time.

Most of the implants are all along the forehead line and temples and are terribly vertical & wirey compared to my own fine textured hair.

I have to shave them off most of the time & just make do with trying to disguise it with my existing fringe which is sadly ebbing away all the time. Its not good at all & i feel very ripped off & depressed. ohmy.gif mad.gif

Will write again soon. huh.gif

#18 PB_

PB_

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,455 posts

Posted 03 September 2007 - 11:34 AM

Sorry to hear about your butchering Spotty sad.gif

I haven't heard of anybody that's had a good result with CHOI.

How many grafts did you suposidly have?

Have you got any pictures you can show us? I'm sure it will be fixible with repair surgery with a real HT doc in the US/Canada.

PB_

My Webpage

#19 spex

spex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,557 posts

Posted 07 September 2007 - 05:44 AM

If i can be of any help spotty please to not hesitate to contact me.
Consultant and Showcase for Dr Feller and Dr Lindsey and Beauty Medical's SMP.

All opinions expressed are my own.Website : www.spexhair.com

My Hair Loss Education project : MaximumHair MinimumLoss.com

Posted Image

#20 pianoman99

pianoman99

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 08:21 PM

Spotty,

Dont panik! Been there - 4 times in fact, so you probably are an easy case. Just start saving!
And if it was 12 months ago, it cant be that bad. Id like to hear from the guys who had work done in the 70s and 80s - what happened to these guys? - probably in their 60's now, so now as computer literate?

Ive been very angry about my previous work - would rather have gone bald (see pic)

... and have often used the word "butchers" to describe them. However, and HT professional who has seen my hair (including Spex) has said that this is fairly standard for the time. So, really my main beef is that I was shown fraudulent pictures, and conned into believing that for 8-9 k, I would have all my hair back.

The scars I have are awful, I think. (and now I have another new one!).
possible future work would be FUE into the scars, to help me cut shorter at the back.

BTW: David Cuddis, at The Hair Clinic. London. He is a consultant now, and I don't know who they use. But check out the web site. They are advertising Hair Transplants, and there is not one picture of the results.

http://www.the-hair-clinic.co.uk

just some fake quote from "satisfied" customers.

AVOID!

QUOTE(spotty @ Sep 3 2007, 12:20 PM) View Post

I am new to the forum so Hello to you all.

Its just a relief to be able to write about it all somewhere & i hope now to be an active poster.

I believe i have been butchered in this field and i intend to write all of it down when ive time.

I had a Choi implanter strip surgery at ASANTO in athens greece 12 months ago & to this day the results are shocking and getting me very down all the time.

Most of the implants are all along the forehead line and temples and are terribly vertical & wirey compared to my own fine textured hair.

I have to shave them off most of the time & just make do with trying to disguise it with my existing fringe which is sadly ebbing away all the time. Its not good at all & i feel very ripped off & depressed. ohmy.gif mad.gif

Will write again soon. huh.gif

Attached Files

4 Strip Procedure at "The Hair Clinic" and John Bell & C, Wigmore Street. Between 92 and 98.
1 Strip Procedure with Dr Feller, 2600 grafts (May 2010)

http://www.hairtrans....asp?WebID=1253

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users