#1 s.a.f

s.a.f

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 918 posts

Posted 17 November 2007 - 07:59 PM

Hi everyone,
Many of you will remember me even though its been a while since I posted on here.

Well in a few hours I'll be jetting of to NYC for yet another strip HT.
This will be my 5th ohmy.gif , and quite frankly I'm not really looking forward to this at all. I've never been to worried about HT's before even for my first op.
Hence the reason for me not posting as I was trying to put this whole thing to the back of my mind (the money the pain etc.. when you do it once or twice its bearable but try going back 5 times and its a whole different story, sad.gif but now the op date is here and I cant put things off anymore.

Just to recap on my current situation I am a repair patient and have been unlucky enough to have been butchered 3 times by the very worst that the UK has to offer. (NORTON) & (NOBEL clinics).
And if that was'nt bad enough I started out in the position of being a full NW6. So as you can probably imagine I'm in a pretty poor situation. (The full story is on the link at the bottom of this post).
Last time out Dr Feller was able to harvest 2898 grafts but because of the previous damage done to me in the UK I fear that there is now very little left to be taken from my donor area. And to be honest I feel that it would take maybe 3/400 grafts to give me a full NW2. In reality though there's probably only 1-2000 available. unsure.gif
Just lately it seems that most of the recent documented HT's on here are NW2ish guys having 2000+ grafts into the hairline. And although I am happy for these guys it does serve to raise uncertainces in my mind or to put it in plain English it makes me feel like I'm fucked bigtime. sad.gif
I know from last time that Dr Feller is a very good surgeon but can he perform miracles?
As my hair is now I probably have much less than 4000 grafts spread over most of the NW6 area so as you can imagine things are very thin and I'm currently using thickeners/concealers in a big way.
Unfortunatly I cant change what has happened and although I know that had I gone to NY in the first place I could have probably had a pretty good result in just 2 ops. Now I'll just have to wait and see what will happen I'm hoping for the best but prepared to accept the worst. sad.gif

While I'm here I'd just like to add many thanks to Spex for helping to organise things with Feller medical, Steveyd for helping me sort out booking the accomadation and most of all PB for going way beyond the call of duty to ensure that this whole trip was able to happen in the first place. (he knows what I'm talking about) wink.gif
--------

My HT Experience/Info pack

----------

#2 Martin1

Martin1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 853 posts

Posted 17 November 2007 - 08:20 PM

All the very best s.a.f. You are old school mate, been there and done it. You will do just fine. I hope Feller can work his magic for you. smile.gif
2313 Graft Session with Dr Feller
My Experience My HT Tips Clinics to Avoid

#3 PB_

PB_

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,455 posts

Posted 17 November 2007 - 09:30 PM

Well I hope you have been doing your scalp exercises and Dr Feller can get a good number of grafts for you. All the best!

Glad I was able to help out wink.gif

PB_

4532 grafts in two procedures with Dr Feller
Dr Feller 17.11.2005 - 2700 grafts into front 1/3 - excellent growth
Dr Feller 8.6.2007 - 1832 grafts in total - 1300 dense packed into hairline @ 65+ grafts/cm2 and 532 into crown (almost all singles at the front with a few doubles at back of hairline - all crown grafts are multi hair grafts)
Dr Lindsey June 2008 - 711 FUE
My Webpage

#4 zip it

zip it

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 438 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 12:00 AM

Good luck S.A.F

#5 bigmac

bigmac

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 732 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 06:51 AM

yeah good to hear from you and we all know dr feller will give you the best possible result with your limited donor supply,
all the best mate
is it too early to wish you merry xmas,i`ve had 2 xmas cards already.

Two bad HTs with Norton
One bad HT with a Greek fue clinic

Great Ht With Shapiro Medical Group

#6 11664

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 03:58 PM

good luck saf i found your experience info pack very helpful. you deserve the best after everything you have been though. i hope dr feller can get as much donor as possible for you smile.gif

#7 JGS

JGS

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 19 November 2007 - 09:23 AM

good luck with everything s.a.f , im sure it go well! smile.gif

#8 spex

spex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,557 posts

Posted 19 November 2007 - 10:28 AM

All the best mate!!!
Consultant and Showcase for Dr Feller and Dr Lindsey and Beauty Medical's SMP.

All opinions expressed are my own.Website : www.spexhair.com

My Hair Loss Education project : MaximumHair MinimumLoss.com

Posted Image

#9 BAL

BAL

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 406 posts

Posted 19 November 2007 - 05:48 PM

Good Luck S.A.F.. you truly deserve it! I feel your pain.. I've had 6 ops (with more repair to come).. and my donor area is proper f**ked, thanks to The Hostile Grp who raped the back of my head. I'm also sick of having more surgeries done but it'll all be worth it in the end. We are all rooting for you mate smile.gif
The comments/statements made above are my opinion only.

898 Scar Revision and Staple Cycle Experiment - Dr Feller & Dr Rogers (Nov'06) - Staples removed! IPB Image
2200 Strip - Dr Feller (Nov'05)
4 bad surgeries at H******* *****

#10 PB_

PB_

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,455 posts

Posted 19 November 2007 - 08:43 PM

QUOTE(BAL @ Nov 19 2007, 07:48 PM) View Post

I've had 6 ops (with more repair to come).. and my donor area is proper f**ked, thanks to The Hostile Grp who raped the back of my head.

6 surgeries blink.gif !? When are you planning on the next one? Are you going to have another staple cycling job? I'm hoping Dr Feller might think I could have a third HT when he sees my scalp in January unsure.gif My laxity seems to have returned to normal since the last one...

PB_

4532 grafts in two procedures with Dr Feller
Dr Feller 17.11.2005 - 2700 grafts into front 1/3 - excellent growth
Dr Feller 8.6.2007 - 1832 grafts in total - 1300 dense packed into hairline @ 65+ grafts/cm2 and 532 into crown (almost all singles at the front with a few doubles at back of hairline - all crown grafts are multi hair grafts)
Dr Lindsey June 2008 - 711 FUE
My Webpage

#11 BAL

BAL

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 406 posts

Posted 20 November 2007 - 07:54 PM

QUOTE(PB_ @ Nov 19 2007, 08:43 PM) View Post

6 surgeries blink.gif !? When are you planning on the next one? Are you going to have another staple cycling job? I'm hoping Dr Feller might think I could have a third HT when he sees my scalp in January unsure.gif My laxity seems to have returned to normal since the last one...

Yeah it's a crazy stat when you consider my level of hairloss (I was never a NW6 like S.A.F). I have no plans for my next job as I've got a lot of sh!t to sort out first (finances etc). Like S.A.F I'm not really looking forward to future work. I have spoken to Dr Feller and he said take your time. I will hopefully see him in Jan to discuss my next plan. It will prob be another Staple-Cycle ph34r.gif. I was checking my laxity today and it's still pretty loose blink.gif.
The comments/statements made above are my opinion only.

898 Scar Revision and Staple Cycle Experiment - Dr Feller & Dr Rogers (Nov'06) - Staples removed! IPB Image
2200 Strip - Dr Feller (Nov'05)
4 bad surgeries at H******* *****

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users