#1 wobblywilly

wobblywilly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 09:41 PM

Hi,

I'd like some advice on what I can do with my temple loss. I've been taking Proscar supplied by Dr. Ashcroft for a couple of years now. I use Nizoral on a weekly or so basis. The temple loss is now becoming significant.

Being honest, a HT transplant scares the life out of me.

What options do i have - will Regaine or likewise do anything for me? I've also started taking some Udo's Oil - although that was for other benefits as well.

What could a HT do for me?

All advice appreciated.

[attachmentid=3591] [attachmentid=3592][attachmentid=3593][attachmentid=3594][attachmentid=3595][attachmentid=3596]

Attached Thumbnails

• P1050688.JPG
  • P1050689.JPG
  • P1050690.JPG
  • P1050670.jpg
  • P1050693.JPG
  • P1050694.JPG

#2 joe101

joe101

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 03:09 AM

my temples are similar. if the hair follicles in those areas are completely dead then I don't think anything, including minoxidil, will regrow them.

transplant is the only option really... sad.gif

if money isn't an issue you could start using rogaine on just the temple areas and see what happens - you never know. You've got nothing to lose

Finasteride 1mg

Revita and Nizoral Shampoos

#3 wobblywilly

wobblywilly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 06:16 PM

QUOTE(joe101 @ Apr 5 2011, 03:09 AM)  

my temples are similar. if the hair follicles in those areas are completely dead then I don't think anything, including minoxidil, will regrow them.

transplant is the only option really... sad.gif

if money isn't an issue you could start using rogaine on just the temple areas and see what happens - you never know. You've got nothing to lose

Does rogaine work on these areas?

My issue with a HT is how would they work in this instance. Is there enough depth there for it to blend in without looking daft - I thought they requirement more recedeence in order to give the Dr. some scope to blend the transplant in?

Would I not then be in the situation whereby I woudl require further HT's in future to backfill losses?

Thanks for the reply.

Spex, I read your website and I would apprecaite a comment from you on my options.

Thanks.

#4 spex

spex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,557 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 05:19 AM

Nothing will regrow lost hair in the temple region - only a HT can replace hair in this area period.

Is this the area you refer to ?

edit - can not upload pic..... unfort.

However a ht is the only way to rebuild your temple -

best

s

Attached Thumbnails

• P1050693.jpg

Consultant and Showcase for Dr Feller and Dr Lindsey and Beauty Medical's SMP.

All opinions expressed are my own.Website : www.spexhair.com

My Hair Loss Education project : MaximumHair MinimumLoss.com

Posted Image

#5 wobblywilly

wobblywilly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 11:08 AM

Hi,

Thanks for the replies - should I be looking into starting regaine? Is there any significant downsides to using it?

Just noticed Kirkland Minoxidil on your site - is it much cheaper than the 'official' regaine product? I assume there is no difference between the two products?

Thanks.

#6 joe101

joe101

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 02:11 AM

QUOTE(wobblywilly @ May 1 2011, 12:08 PM)  

Hi,

Thanks for the replies - should I be looking into starting regaine? Is there any significant downsides to using it?

Thanks.

the downside, aside from money and hassle, is that it can cause shedding and results are variable at best - or at least that's the general impression I've got from people who have used it.

that's why I suggested trying it on your temples only, since it won't matter about shedding there! But it's still a longshot, and I suspect will end up being a waste of money

Finasteride 1mg

#7 wobblywilly

wobblywilly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 16 July 2011 - 08:33 AM

Okay everyone, my hairline is now causing me some distress. I'm not sure whether a HT or a confidence coach is the right direction for me, but I' would appreciate answers to the following questions:

1. If I decide for a HT in this region approx much much would I need to spend?

2. How good can a new hairline be in this case - does it need much much depth to be blended into the natural hairline?

3. Will there be continued hair loss behind the transplanted hair requiring further HT's?

4. Can these temple areas be built up over time with a number of small HTs? I think I read previously about Feller doing postage stamp 'lunchtime' FUE transplants. Is this option available to anyone from UK? MY work and family environment would mean a normal HT would be too obvious.

5. If my natural hair goes grey will the tranplanted hair also go grey at the same time in the same areas?

6. I am currently taking finasteride and using nizoral. If I stop taking these would the transplanted hair recede?

Thanks.

#8 wobblywilly

wobblywilly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 05:56 PM

Can anyone answer my above questions please?

Thanks,

#9 joe101

joe101

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 08:31 PM

ask them down in the HT forum maybe - lots of experts there

Finasteride 1mg

0 user(s) are reading this topic