• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 fox

fox

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 01:12 PM

I am having a surgery with Dr Feller in March and wondered which hotel people recommend?

#2 patchyp

patchyp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 02:50 PM

Hey fox , ive just got back from surgery on monday ., I was given information via an e-mail from Dr feller recommending about 4-5 hotels in the Great neck area. Most of the guys stay in the Andrew hotel, including myself.. Its in the town center of Great neck , about 5 minuits away from Dr Fellers office ($10 taxi fare) .Its nice and clean and the staff are great , plus its very close to shops and the train station is nearly outside the door.. $15 return to get you into NY center (takes 20 min)
Also the Andrew hotel offers medical discount , worked out at $200 per night with taxes and cost $45 to get to the hotel from JFK airport in a yellow cab... hope this helps smile.gif
1800 plus session with Dr feller

#3 BadHairUK

BadHairUK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 784 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 04:14 PM

I ditto everything Patchyp just mentioned.... cool.gif

Heres a link to my experience... it may help you see what it looks like inside if you decide to stay there. I also recommend it as its nice and clean and in a convient location... right next to the station and 5 mins from Fellers.

http://stophairlossn...hl=andrew hotel
1st HT was by Nobel Clinic UK.. 1994.... NIGHTMARE!
...Freddy Krugar could have done a better job!!!! :(

2nd HT Feller Medical 4th Dec '06 3160 strip :)
3rd HT Feller Medical 12th Nov '07 1800 strip ;)
4th HT Feller Medical 5th Oct '09 982 FUE ;)
Total Feller FU = 5942

Daily:
1/5th fin. (started 15th April'08)
MSM 1000 x2 (only for 1st 6 months after HT)

#4 patchyp

patchyp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 09:21 PM

BHUK just looked at your link .. for a minute i was back in the andrews hotel . I was in the exact same room as you i think lol .. even my girlfriend said the same smile.gif
Also your pictures of NY are better than mine so im gonna steal a couple for my album smile.gif
1800 plus session with Dr feller

#5 bigmac

bigmac

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 732 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 12:50 AM

The Andrews hotel looks very nice and clean judging by BHUKs pictures.
Enjoy your trip and HT while you are there.

Two bad HTs with Norton
One bad HT with a Greek fue clinic

Great Ht With Shapiro Medical Group

#6 fox

fox

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 08:38 AM

Thanks patchyp. I have not received an email from Marcia at Dr Fellers with the hotel recommendations unsure.gif . I have had trouble with getting emails through to her also though dry.gif I leave to go travelling in three weeks and also need to get some blood work done which she said she would send when i spoke to her over the phone, which i have not received either. I must say i have not been overly impressed with them on this front.

#7 spex

spex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,557 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 11:58 AM

Thanks patchyp. I have not received an email from Marcia at Dr Fellers with the hotel recommendations . I have had trouble with getting emails through to her also though I leave to go travelling in three weeks and also need to get some blood work done which she said she would send when i spoke to her over the phone, which i have not received either. I must say i have not been overly impressed with them on this front.

Fox, The email at Feller medical is notoriously problematic unfortunately due to the spam control on it - This will 100% be the reason for the lack of email interaction - This is something Dr Feller is attempting to resolve - I suggest you call Marcia directly on Monday to establish the situation as you really need to get on with the blood work ASAP.

Drop me an email and i will fwd you on the blood work you are required to have done and how to get it done ASAP - although you still have loads of time cool.gif

The Andrews is popular and handy - even PB recomended it huh.gif

Here is their website - Phone them direct and mention Feller medical discount.

The Andrews Hotel , Great Neck

75 N Station Plaza
Great Neck, NY 11021, United States
001 516-482-2900
Consultant and Showcase for Dr Feller and Dr Lindsey and Beauty Medical's SMP.

All opinions expressed are my own.Website : www.spexhair.com

My Hair Loss Education project : MaximumHair MinimumLoss.com

Posted Image

#8 BadHairUK

BadHairUK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 784 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 12:04 PM

QUOTE(patchyp @ Jan 16 2009, 09:21 PM) View Post

BHUK just looked at your link .. for a minute i was back in the andrews hotel . I was in the exact same room as you i think lol .. even my girlfriend said the same smile.gif
Also your pictures of NY are better than mine so im gonna steal a couple for my album smile.gif

I'm the same...when I look back at the pics...I feel like I am back there again.. its the most awesome place I have been to. Thats cool if it was the same room..lol

The next time I stayed in different room with sep beds.. also... thanks for enjoying the pics.. you might like to see the others I took the following year... I think these are the best ones... also.. for Fox... theres a pic of the outside of the Andrew Hotel to help you recognise it.

http://stophairlossn...wtopic=3174&hl=

Fox, wish u all the best mate... I know that around the time I was due to leave for the trip I was really anxious....and especially the very night before the HT in the hotel....I was rolling around in bed and figerty.. but soon as I woke up in the morning and u know theres no more waiting u feel better.... and when I arrived at Fellers... I was the most relaxed of all after 5 mins.. (I think I wore myself out the day before walking all around NYC.. thats a pretty good idea as u'll feel tired and sleep better that night, just so u know if ur feeling anxious... its completely normal so its all good.. and u'll love NYC cool.gif
1st HT was by Nobel Clinic UK.. 1994.... NIGHTMARE!
...Freddy Krugar could have done a better job!!!! :(

2nd HT Feller Medical 4th Dec '06 3160 strip :)
3rd HT Feller Medical 12th Nov '07 1800 strip ;)
4th HT Feller Medical 5th Oct '09 982 FUE ;)
Total Feller FU = 5942

Daily:
1/5th fin. (started 15th April'08)
MSM 1000 x2 (only for 1st 6 months after HT)

#9 fox

fox

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 10:00 AM

Thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users