drupal statistics module

hair loss radio

Photo

Is This Site Purely Advertising Dr Feller?

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 davethompson

davethompson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 November 2005 - 10:36 AM

I'm not being sarcastic but this site has already turned into one long advert for Dr Feller. He's a good doc but there are other good docs too - obviously other American ones (or Canadian!) Dr Rogers is the best in the UK but don't forget there are also good docs from India, Australia etc too.
I make this point before this site loses all credibility with the average UK guy needing good work. This site appears to feature Spex mainly but since this is a UK site, it is doing a disservice to the readers just to mention one American doc and casting all others as second rate - or worse, not mentioning them at all! :D

#2 Zimmy

Zimmy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 19 November 2005 - 11:09 AM

Well I think primarily the guys who come here are from the UK and Europe. I cant think of one great doctor in the UK or Europe. Presently there are only 4 doctors in the world who I think are great, Dr Cole, Dr Feller, Dr Hasson and Dr Wong.

Dr Rogers is by far the best in the UK, but a HT is for life not for Christmas, you owe it to yourself to see the best in the world. Far too many guys have to live with the phsyical and mental scars of poor HT work done in the UK and Europe.

#3 davethompson

davethompson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 November 2005 - 12:07 PM

How do you know they're great? Have you seen them all personally or are you going by postings on other websites?
Again, I'm not being critical but it pays to make ones own mind up and one of my projects at university was in dissecting statements that appear simple but may be illogical.
For instance, you have stated 4 names but what is your proof?
Secondly, you have stated how important it is to get a HT right. However, if all the guys you recommend go to these 4 docs, those docs could not physically work on them all - there would be too many patients. And of course, each year, more balding guys are "born."
And of course, other doctors might not get any work and so no "new" "top" docs would develop the skills to replace them.
Also, to write off 99% of the other docs without personal experience of them is a bit arbitary. What about the 5th best doc in the world, who's that? etc etc Should he be written off as not worthy. You see, difficult questions can be made from simple statements :D
I'm only playing Devils advocate here but I think I do have a valid point about only talking about Dr Feller - it suggests a concerted advertising campaign on this site. After all, Dr Woods invented FUE effectively yet he is not mentioned.
But please, I'm Not being critical of any poster, doctor or other person, simply pointing out alternative viewpoints.

#4 hairless

hairless

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted 19 November 2005 - 12:25 PM

some good points are raised here but after i've researched ht for over a year now and met with many Dr's including rogers, cole, and even woods when i was over in Sydney last year i have to agree with Zimmy that time and time again it becomes apparent from all my research that the most respected guys in the game are the ones mentioned by Zimmy.

I don't believe that this site is in anyway doing a disservice and it is due to spex's time any energy that this forum has become what it is - a valuable source of information!

Dr Feller is definately one of the best in the world and the fact we in the U.K have been lucky enough to be made aware of him is very fortunate for us.

This site is fantastic and i thank all the guys here for sharing their info as its vital that we continue to do so.

Dave ,can you post some pre and post op pictures so that we can see the work performed on you?
h

#5 Zimmy

Zimmy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 19 November 2005 - 04:11 PM

How do you know they're great? Have you seen them all personally or are you going by postings on other websites?
Again, I'm not being critical but it pays to make ones own mind up and one of my projects at university was in dissecting statements that appear simple but may be illogical.
For instance, you have stated 4 names but what is your proof?
Secondly, you have stated how important it is to get a HT right. However, if all the guys you recommend go to these 4 docs, those docs could not physically work on them all - there would be too many patients. And of course, each year, more balding guys are "born."
And of course, other doctors might not get any work and so no "new" "top" docs would develop the skills to replace them.
Also, to write off 99% of the other docs without personal experience of them is a bit arbitary. What about the 5th best doc in the world, who's that? etc etc Should he be written off as not worthy. You see, difficult questions can be made from simple statements :D
I'm only playing Devils advocate here but I think I do have a valid point about only talking about Dr Feller - it suggests a concerted advertising campaign on this site. After all, Dr Woods invented FUE effectively yet he is not mentioned.
But please, I'm Not being critical of any poster, doctor or other person, simply pointing out alternative viewpoints.

Well we could argue all day about whose the 5th or the 6th most respected doctor in the world, so whats the point.

Your point about those doctors not being able to treat every patient, ehh?? No one needs to have an HT, nobody, an HT is a luxury not a necessity. But you want guys to consider new doctors who are less qualified with a less respected `reputation`, just to give them more experience??

And you call me illogical?

I bet 90% of guys going for an HT do diddly squat in terms of research, thats what gets them into serious trouble. Thats precisely why Bosely and there ilk still exist, despite all there lawsuits and chequered history.

But if you ever did any serious research, you woud clearly see that the same names come up again and again, Cole, Hasson and Wong and Feller. Along with others such as Armani (controversial to some) and Wolf, theres your 5th and 6th if you want.

Ive personally met patients from many of who ive named and have met Cole and Feller and Rogers for that matter. As for Hasson and Wong, there results and reputation as the best strip clinic in the world speak for themselves. Where else are you going to go if your a NW5 or 6 and you need 4000 plus grafts?

Woods, you really want to pay his ridiculous fees? Go ahead if your a millionaire. Woods may have pioneered FUE, but hes become obsolete by his prices and his results from what ive seen have personally left me unimpressed.

I personally think Cole is presently the best at FUE in the world. Ive seen far more impressive results from Cole than I ever have ever seen from Woods, Feller and anybody else who practices FUE that you care to name.

You should take anecdotal evidence of guys on all the forums with a pinch of salt, but if you want to dismiss it entirely then thats your choice. People can only draw there own conclusions from other guys experiences and then make up there own mind.

#6 davethompson

davethompson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 November 2005 - 05:44 PM

Some good points I agree with there. And I'm sure other names will come up in time but, looking at it from afar, my main concern is that when you look at the list of posts under hair transplant, nearly all are:
Dr Feller Post instructions
Dr Feller showcase
Dr Feller patients
etc etc.
So few other docs are mentioned (including Cole et al), that it is highly suspicious, even if it isn't!
You look on other forum sites and the familiar names come up and each has their patient advocates (and dissenters/critics) but on here - where's the variety?

#7 Zimmy

Zimmy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 19 November 2005 - 06:07 PM

I agree with you there. Theres not much variety here, I only see posts about Dr Feller and Dr Rogers mentioned here. But (no offence meant to anyone) the HT forum here isnt exactly hugely active.

#8 spex

spex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,557 posts

Posted 19 November 2005 - 11:18 PM

Guys - i started posting on this site a long time ago to help give info back into our hairloss community and i documented my journey in order to make sure guys don't make the same mistakes i did - and over time the community has grown and although other Docs don't tend to get mentioned doesn't mean there aren't other good Docs out there coz there are. I believe its mainly because guys have met me through this site and seen the work performed on me by Dr Feller and shared their own experiences on here with Dr Feller if they've gone ahead and had a surgery with him.
The more Doc's talked about on here the better - More the merrier is my opinion and if we can interest more people into sharing their experiences with other docs then great as it will only provide more info to make a more informed decision.

Lets not turn this forum into a battle ground like other forums where everyone feels its their duty to defend their own doc because its not a battle - we need to exchange all the information we can and Dave it would be great to seeyour pics up here so we can see Dr Rogers' work. I for one am very interested in seeing his work.

Whats most important here is that we make as many U.K guys as possible aware that there is a potential solution to their situation and not believe what they read or see on the t.v in the U.K!
All the best guys!
Spex
Consultant and Showcase for Dr Feller and Dr Lindsey and Beauty Medical's SMP.

All opinions expressed are my own.Website : www.spexhair.com

My Hair Loss Education project : MaximumHair MinimumLoss.com

Posted Image

#9 davethompson

davethompson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 November 2005 - 12:12 PM

No problem, I'll ask Dr Rogers for my pre-op photos (mine aren't very clear from my cheap camera) and post them shortly.

#10 Gunner

Gunner

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 21 November 2005 - 12:39 AM

I'm not being sarcastic but this site has already turned into one long advert for Dr Feller. He's a good doc but there are other good docs too - obviously other American ones (or Canadian!) Dr Rogers is the best in the UK but don't forget there are also good docs from India, Australia etc too.
I make this point before this site loses all credibility with the average UK guy needing good work. This site appears to feature Spex mainly but since this is a UK site, it is doing a disservice to the readers just to mention one American doc and casting all others as second rate - or worse, not mentioning them at all! :D

It's spex acting as a shill for Feller, then insulting our intelligence by saying he isn't rewarded in anyway for doing so.

That's basically what it is.

Well, it's either that or Spex is his number 1 fan and loves to spend his spare time visiting every hair loss forum on the net to give detailed information on his admiration for Dr Fellers techniques.

#11 spex

spex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,557 posts

Posted 21 November 2005 - 11:58 AM

Gunner - i've seen a number of your posts and your comments towards me on and off the boards which i find obnoxious and rude. Your entitled to your opinion as i'm entilted to mine.

For the record heres a post Dr Feller himself made regards to my assosiation with him. Perhaps this will give you a clearer perspective on things.

Post by Dr Feller:

Posted November 01, 2005 02:37 PM

Many patients owe a debt of gratitude to Spex for the amount of time and effort he has voluntarily put into the hair transplant world to ensure that everybody gets a satisfying result. His multiple experiences with different doctors and types of surgery give him a perspective most patients could benefit from. Unfortunately, there are posters who’s only goal are to malign his efforts for reasons unknown.

Contrary to what has been written and assumed many times in several forums, Spex is NOT employed by me. He is NOT paid by me in any form. I do not employ sales people of any kind. Spex volunteers his time to share his experience in an effort to educate patients, a fact that is obvious to anyone who has read his posts over the years.

Naturally Spex advocates my services publicly, but only because I happened to be the doctor who did the final surgery that pulled all his other surgeries together. I have no doubt that several other doctors could have performed the 900 graft dense pack procedure I placed on his hairline, but how many could have performed it using the FUE method? And how many could have performed it in just one day?

Until I performed the procedure on specs he did not have a satisfactory result from his prior strip surgeries. While he did have significant density on the top, he did not have a good cosmetic appearance in the front line. He looked “stalky”, “spacey” and generally unnatural. My one procedure was the final one he needed to bring it all together.

Anyone who meets Spex can usually peg him for what he is, a genuinely good man who possess more energy than most any two people. He is a very successful business man who is very enthusiastic about his particular results and the hair transplant field in general. His high level of exuberance is unique, but I believe it is because he finds hair transplantation to be a sort of hobby that he is drawn to.

To those who may question my association with him, I can only remind those who are knowledgeable, that Specs was a chat forum poster years before I ever met him. In that time he was always there to give whatever advice, guidance, and support he was capable of offering to whomever wanted it.

For those of you who may “suspect” Spex motives as being anything but honest, simply take the time to see him for yourself. Nothing speaks more than the results growing on his head. Take a comb and a magnifying glass and inspect the work for yourself. Compare the areas I transplanted to the areas he had transplanted in the past. I believe the results speak for themselves.

Dr. Feller

Feller Medical, PC
Great Neck, NY
516-487-3797

Regards
Spex

Posted Image

#12 Zimmy

Zimmy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 21 November 2005 - 01:01 PM

[quote name='Gunner' date='Nov 21 2005, 12:39 AM'] [/QUOTE]
It's spex acting as a shill for Feller, then insulting our intelligence by saying he isn't rewarded in anyway for doing so.

That's basically what it is.

Well, it's either that or Spex is his number 1 fan and loves to spend his spare time visiting every hair loss forum on the net to give detailed information on his admiration for Dr Fellers techniques. [/quote]
Gunner rather than acting like an infant, you ever thought of meeting with Spex and seeing for yourself first hand an excellent HT? I believe if you met Spex in person you would see why is he is so very proud of his work, because let me tell you, it is one of the finest HT`S in the world. Its right up there with Futzyhead, Wassup, Jotronic. If you know who im talking about, then you know what I mean.

Or is your only desire in life to be banned from every hairloss forum on the net?

#13 hairless

hairless

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted 21 November 2005 - 08:24 PM

Put that in your pipe and smoke it!

#14 PB_

PB_

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,455 posts

Posted 23 November 2005 - 02:09 AM

:)

PB_

4532 grafts in two procedures with Dr Feller
Dr Feller 17.11.2005 - 2700 grafts into front 1/3 - excellent growth
Dr Feller 8.6.2007 - 1832 grafts in total - 1300 dense packed into hairline @ 65+ grafts/cm2 and 532 into crown (almost all singles at the front with a few doubles at back of hairline - all crown grafts are multi hair grafts)
Dr Lindsey June 2008 - 711 FUE
My Webpage

#15 johnyd473

johnyd473

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,130 posts

Posted 23 November 2005 - 04:29 AM

:)
Hairy
IPB ImageIPB Image

#16 spex

spex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,557 posts

Posted 23 November 2005 - 08:54 AM

Thanks Johnnyd, hope your well!

Posted Image

#17 stophair

stophair

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 24 November 2005 - 02:19 PM

This is not a site for advertising Dr Feller.

Anybody is welcome to talk about any hair transplant surgeon.

However the case for Dr Feller is backed up with Spex's amazing transplant.

If someone has had similar then by all means let us know, the more knowledge for everyone.

Photo's are not proof of a good transplant.

When this forum first started out, Spex's contacted me before posting.

After meeting with Spex's I am more than happy that he posts here.

His vast knowledge with regards to transplants is helping a lot of people.

The comments on this forum show how much people who have met him, respect him.

You can meet with Spec's on one of his consultation dates, where you will not be sold a transplant, but be informed about your choices, even if you are not looking for a transplant.

His enthusisim and genuine desire to help people avoid mistakes he made really shine through.

I would just like to say on behalf of all current and future members, Thanks Spex's for your dedication, helpful advice and knowledgeable posts.

Bill

#18 hairless

hairless

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted 24 November 2005 - 03:00 PM

Here, here!!

#19 spex

spex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,557 posts

Posted 24 November 2005 - 03:13 PM

Thanks guys! :)

Spex

Posted Image

#20 george

george

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 25 November 2005 - 12:15 PM

Gunner rather than acting like an infant, you ever thought of meeting with Spex and seeing for yourself first hand an excellent HT? I believe if you met Spex in person you would see why is he is so very proud of his work, because let me tell you, it is one of the finest HT`S in the world.

Couldn't agree with you more!

#21 spex

spex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,557 posts

Posted 29 November 2005 - 09:54 AM

Dave - have you got any pics for us to have a look at yet?

Posted Image

#22 hairless

hairless

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted 29 November 2005 - 05:28 PM

i would appreciate seeing some pictures

#23 quick

quick

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 409 posts

Posted 30 November 2005 - 05:38 PM

I can only echo the comments made here about spex. He actually talked me out of a hair transplant.
I would also find some pictures from Rogers useful.
cheers

#24 spex

spex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,557 posts

Posted 30 November 2005 - 06:18 PM

Thanks quick - you don't warrent a HT at this point - stick with the meds :D

Posted Image

#25 hairless

hairless

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted 07 December 2005 - 06:17 PM

any pics??

#26 davethompson

davethompson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 December 2005 - 05:50 PM

Here's about 1250 grafts between before and after.Sorry about the delay, I had difficulty getting hold of Dr Rogers as he's been busy setting up an FUE clinic in London. I'm very happy with the results.
Hang on, how do I upload pictures?

#27 spex

spex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,557 posts

Posted 08 December 2005 - 07:27 PM

Hi - if you want to send them to my email address i can put them up
regards
spex

Posted Image

#28 spex

spex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,557 posts

Posted 08 December 2005 - 09:39 PM

Daves Pictures performed by Dr Rogers

PRE OP

Post op

Posted Image

#29 hairless

hairless

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted 09 December 2005 - 11:06 AM

thanks for the pictures davethompson. i'm interested to see the growth in the area but its hard to see exactly the full benefit from the growth as in the prior surgery pic all the hair is brushed forward exposing the crown. Then you after shot shows the hair all brushed back covering the crown. Can we have a shot the same as the before picture so that we can compare apples with apples?

Can you also tell me the area per cm2 the work was carried out in. it appears to be approx 30cm2 going off your before picture. 1250 grafts should give you an average of 40 grafts per cm2 shouldn't it. also how long ago did you have these surgeries?

thanks for all the help

#30 quick

quick

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 409 posts

Posted 09 December 2005 - 12:13 PM

There is definately not 40 grafts per square cm there. IMO these pictures don't make me want to run down to book into rogers new clinic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users