• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#31 KrisKelly

KrisKelly

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 11 September 2005 - 11:21 PM

Hey guys I am new to this site and just wanted some advice. I currently use all of the 3 we are talking about but the propecia I use is fincar..Are these the same stuff or am I wasting my time? If so where can I get a cheap alternative as Iam a student and strapped for cash.

Also one last question, Does anyone know of any hair thicking shampoo's that are worth a try..ive heard some of these are pretty good.

Thanks for your time,

Kris

#32 justino

justino

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 September 2005 - 02:15 AM

Hello, I just turned 16 and I have had long hair for 3 years. I have noticed hair loss for about two years and now it is beginning to get quite thin. My GP sent me to a dermatoligist. After ordering blood test to rule out any possible health problems, which came back okay, the dermatoligist diagnosed me with having male pattern hair loss. He told me to take biotin 2.5mg daily (I am taking a multi-vitamin as well), because the b-vitamins work together. He said it would take 3-4 months for me to notice anything. Then he told me I could use Rogain but I am having doubts because of the side effects. Any advise on any products that could be fast, safe, effective and useful?

Justin

#33 spex

spex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,557 posts

Posted 15 September 2005 - 11:18 AM

Kris Kelly - the best option is to take the legitemate product as fincar is a little hit and miss i believe.

Good thickening shampoos on the site

www.hair123.co.uk

Justino -

There is NO quick fix - your best option due to your age is keep with the natruals and hold off the propecia and minox as you are too young.
Consultant and Showcase for Dr Feller and Dr Lindsey and Beauty Medical's SMP.

All opinions expressed are my own.Website : www.spexhair.com

My Hair Loss Education project : MaximumHair MinimumLoss.com

Posted Image

#34 sonywebster

sonywebster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 15 September 2005 - 04:59 PM

spex what shampoo do you use?

#35 spex

spex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,557 posts

Posted 15 September 2005 - 05:21 PM

I use Nizoral 2 x a week and then just an everyday shampoo

Posted Image

#36 spex

spex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,557 posts

Posted 07 October 2005 - 11:31 AM

bump

Posted Image

#37 spex

spex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,557 posts

Posted 25 November 2005 - 05:57 PM

bump

Posted Image

#38 hairless

hairless

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted 09 December 2005 - 11:38 AM

should it not be the big 4 now with this new caffine shampoo?

#39 spex

spex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,557 posts

Posted 09 December 2005 - 02:36 PM

I would recommend alternating the shampoos - but any defense against DHT the better!!

Posted Image

#40 Watery Jizm

Watery Jizm

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 December 2005 - 05:38 PM

Kris Kelly - the best option is to take the legitemate product as fincar is a little hit and miss i believe.

Spex,

Where did you hear that Fincar was 'hit and miss'? I take Finpecia (i.e. Cipla's 1mg version of Fincar) from ( Edited - No links to priscition drug sites allowed ) and I've certainly had effects from it (of the side variety ;)) and my next order was probably going to be Fincar as its so bloomin cheap, but I'd be interested in any info that suggests that it isn't proper finasteride.

Oh and a vote for copper peptides!

#41 spex

spex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,557 posts

Posted 09 December 2005 - 06:12 PM

If you are to believe Fincar is what it says it is, then yes it should be just as good.

Just keep in mind the drug comes from a country that is known to export large amounts of fake drugs...

Posted Image

#42 uk_need_info

uk_need_info

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 09 December 2005 - 07:22 PM

If you are to believe Fincar is what it says it is, then yes it should be just as good.

Just keep in mind the drug comes from a country that is known to export large amounts of fake drugs...

where's it come from? Is it India?
3989 Strip - Dr Seager March 28th 2006 (Front third)

2557 Strip - Dr Feller March 24th 2008 (Crown and back third)

#43 Watery Jizm

Watery Jizm

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 December 2005 - 09:16 AM

There are several issues here!

India has a reputation for making generic drugs not fake drugs - I am sure that lots of countries (including the US and UK) have people producing fake drugs in them..and, to be honest, with regards to finasteride, I'd be more concerned that my branded Proscar/Propecia is fake than my generic Fincar/Finpecia is - simply because of the profitability factor - the cheapest I have seen Proscar is £39 ( Edited - No links allowed to prescition drug sites ) whilst the cheapest I have seen Fincar is £17.

It's the resellers who are the concern with regards to fake drugs and hence why it's important to mention where you buy your finasteride from. I buy my Finpecia from ( Edited - No links allowed to prescition drug sites ) and I'd do the same if I got Fincar, whilst the cheapest Proscar seems to be ( Edited - No links allowed to prescition drug sites ) - which has been mentioned a few times on HLT and HLH as reputable. I've seen ( Edited - No links allowed to prescition drug sites ) mentioned a few times as well.

Obviously if you can afford to get branded Propecia from your local chemist then that would be the best, but at £32 (from Asda) for 28, its expensive!

Whether generic drugs are as good as branded drugs is a moot point - Indian laws state that their manufacturing companies (such as Cipla) can produce patented drugs as long as the manufacturing process is different - good news price-wise, but people do get concerned about whether the finasteride in Cipla stuff is as good as the finasteride in Merck's pills, but the company's long (and good) reputation for produding generics and other people's reports are enough to convince me. I certainly don't consider the manufacturers country as a huge factor - Merck branded stuff is made in all sorts of places! I guess people just have to research it themselves and make their own mind up..

#44 stophair

stophair

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 11 December 2005 - 07:58 AM

Hi Watery Jizm

This is out of my hands.

It is a UK thing and I have had problems with trading standards before, so I have to careful.

Bill

#45 spex

spex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,557 posts

Posted 29 April 2006 - 09:02 AM

Bump! :P

Posted Image

#46 mcs

mcs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 May 2006 - 06:25 PM

Spex im coming up to 32 years of age now and im debating starting the big 3.However my only concern is that once I start I will have to continue this for the rest of my life.Financially it is not a problem is more a concern over health obviously you are taking them how do you look at this matter.

#47 spex

spex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,557 posts

Posted 03 June 2006 - 03:43 PM

I have been on propecia for 7 yrs and its held me solid - i used to use Minox but no longer. i still wash my hair with nizoral 2 x a week but not religiously.
It comes down to how much you want to try to prevent your hairloss.
I know a number of guys who have been on meds much longer than i have with no health issues so this installs confidence in me but to be honest i wish i didn't have to take propecia but i must in order to manitain.

Each to their own i suppose mate but only recently a 10 year study was conducted on Propecia by Merck (the makers) and on all accounts it was good news.

Posted Image

#48 mcs

mcs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 June 2006 - 10:22 AM

I have been on propecia for 7 yrs and its held me solid - i used to use Minox but no longer. i still wash my hair with nizoral 2 x a week but not religiously.
It comes down to how much you want to try to prevent your hairloss.
I know a number of guys who have been on meds much longer than i have with no health issues so this installs confidence in me but to be honest i wish i didn't have to take propecia but i must in order to manitain.

Each to their own i suppose mate but only recently a 10 year study was conducted on Propecia by Merck (the makers) and on all accounts it was good news.

Thanks spex I really do find your wealth of experience on transplants a great help.Im getting married later this year but I think I will have to arrange to meet you end 2006/beginning2007.

#49 spex

spex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,557 posts

Posted 04 June 2006 - 02:09 PM

Glad i can help you out MCS. More than happy to hook up in the future :) All the best!

Posted Image

#50 hammerman

hammerman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 29 August 2006 - 01:57 PM

Guys what is this cafien shampoo?
Does it really work?

and I understand that Finasteride works by targeting the 5 AR, is there anything which gets rid of the DHT and not just stops it from producing??

Thanks

#51 Pondle

Pondle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 491 posts

Posted 30 August 2006 - 11:36 PM

Guys what is this cafien shampoo?
Does it really work?

and I understand that Finasteride works by targeting the 5 AR, is there anything which gets rid of the DHT and not just stops it from producing??

Thanks

Well, if you actually want to eliminate your male hormones entirely, your only option is castration! :P
Eunuchs do not go bald. On the other hand, they never have children. Or sex. Or even masturbate. So scratch that idea!

According to one study I saw cited (somewhere, can't dig out the link this late in the evening) most balding men and their hirsute peers - apart from a few of the latter with a 5 AR deficiency - have the same levels of DHT. But those of us unfortunate enough to suffer MPB appear to have hair follicles that are more sensitive to it.

As for the caffeine shampoo, I doubt it really does much. The MPB community as a whole seems more impressed by copper peptides - search for Folligen or Tricomin.

#52 PB_

PB_

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,455 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 07:25 AM

B) But weren't eunuchs castrated before they reached puberty? If you are already showing signs of MPB, castration would only prevent further loss and wouldn't re-grow lost hair :P

Well, if you actually want to eliminate your male hormones entirely, your only option is castration! ;)
Eunuchs do not go bald. On the other hand, they never have children. Or sex. Or even masturbate. So scratch that idea!

PB_

4532 grafts in two procedures with Dr Feller
Dr Feller 17.11.2005 - 2700 grafts into front 1/3 - excellent growth
Dr Feller 8.6.2007 - 1832 grafts in total - 1300 dense packed into hairline @ 65+ grafts/cm2 and 532 into crown (almost all singles at the front with a few doubles at back of hairline - all crown grafts are multi hair grafts)
Dr Lindsey June 2008 - 711 FUE
My Webpage

#53 Johnny-X

Johnny-X

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 12:25 PM

hey guys im new here and the more i read the more confusion I feel ha ha ha
1st off may i wish many thanks to spex really has given everyone here a great deal of information and without your help i would have given up on my hair loss along time ago .

im in my mid 20s and notice im thining so im going to get on the big 3 in the next month or so can some one answer me a few questions ?

what is the differance between Proscar and PROPECIA and why on the 15 month supply for £120.00 on spex site must this pills be split in to 5ths ? what is the best way of spliting them without losing most of the pill?

where can i get hold of some Nizoral shampoo the boots link on this site didnt work and which one should i go for ? same for Minoxidil where can i get some from ?

should i wait for all to arrive and take them 2gthere ?

where could i also get the following MSM-Zinc pills and copper peptides e.g Folligen or Tricomin ?

Please does some one have ne links for these im at my wits end !

JPC im also take part in alot of sporting activity and i am worried that this may add dht on mpb's. i see you havent posted for a while wounding on how your getting on ?

P.S ne side effects when taking the above and drinking cos i love to go out and party ? ha ha ha

Thank you all for your help and hope to hear soon :P

#54 spex

spex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,557 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 02:00 PM

Proscar is 5 mg Finesteride / Propecia is 1mg Finesteride

Break Proscar into 5th's - Bobs your uncle you have got Propecia :P Can easily be cut into 5ths with a knife - I just bite mine into 4th's - As long as its in the system, all good!

Google Nizoral and you can get it on line - Asda also sell it!

Minoxodil link on my website under products ;)

Link to Minoxodil direct

P.S ne side effects when taking the above and drinking cos i love to go out and party ?

There can be some initail sides from propecia/proscar these usually subside after a few weeks, loss in libido - Ride it out as the body is just getting used to the drug and will soon adjust. These sides are rare but can happen.

You may experience some initial shedding from the products -Shedding

There may also be side effects from drinking - The more you drink the more you will fall over B) Also the more you drink the better looking girls will get ;)

All the best!!

Spex

Posted Image

#55 Johnny-X

Johnny-X

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 05:26 PM

Spex you are the best !! cheer for your help brother ! the more you drink the pretty girls get HA HA HA cracked me up that did ! cheers again ill update my self when i get my hands theses cures !

thank you !

#56 Pondle

Pondle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 491 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 05:34 PM

where could i also get the following MSM-Zinc pills and copper peptides e.g Folligen or Tricomin ?

Please does some one have ne links for these im at my wits end !

JPC im also take part in alot of sporting activity and i am worried that this may add dht on mpb's. i see you havent posted for a while wounding on how your getting on ?

P.S ne side effects when taking the above and drinking cos i love to go out and party ? ha ha ha

Thank you all for your help and hope to hear soon ;)

MSM - Holland & Barrett.

Tricomin - http://www.tricotec....FTOKEN=39415711

or

http://www.combat-ha...comin/index.php

Folligen - I'm don't think this is available in the UK.

It's worth noting that MSM and copper peptides aren't scientifically proven, but some guys find them useful additions to their anti-hairloss regimen.

As far as I'm aware there's no interaction between Finasteride and alcohol consumption or exercise.

#57 hammerman

hammerman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 10:32 AM

Well, if you actually want to eliminate your male hormones entirely, your only option is castration! :lol:

Aren't you eliminating DHt anyway by not allowing it to form?? Wouldn't it be quicker to have something which removes DHt from the system?

"According to one study I saw cited (somewhere, can't dig out the link this late in the evening) most balding men and their hirsute peers - apart from a few of the latter with a 5 AR deficiency - have the same levels of DHT. But those of us unfortunate enough to suffer MPB appear to have hair follicles that are more sensitive to it.

What about direct injections into the scalp to get rid of the DHT?
I know you would need them regularly but they do it for Alopecia Areata with the steroids.

copper peptides - search for Folligen or Tricomin.

Too expensive.

#58 Pondle

Pondle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 491 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 05:50 PM

Aren't you eliminating DHt anyway by not allowing it to form?? Wouldn't it be quicker to have something which removes DHt from the system?

The best DHT suppression we can get at the moment is 93% after two years of treatment with Dutasteride.

What about direct injections into the scalp to get rid of the DHT? I know you would need them regularly but they do it for Alopecia Areata with the steroids.

A regular injection into the scalp? Ouch, sounds painful. Besides, I'm not sure of the process by which your technique would operate to 'remove' DHT. There is a common misconception that scalp DHT causes baldness. In fact, the overwhelming majority of the damage is done by the DHT produced by 5 alpha reductase type II enzymes inside the hair follicles. This combines with testosterone that is delivered to the follicle on plasma proteins in the bloodstream and, voila, you have DHT.

Of course you could be saying that an injection could inhibit the androgen receptors in the hair follicles? I'm not a biochemist, so I don't know whether such a treatment would be feasible.

#59 Johnny-X

Johnny-X

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 September 2006 - 06:48 PM

Hey guys i just ordered my Propecia from dr ashcroft should arrive next week some time !
really cant wait to get on it and fight back the mpb ! my hair is mid lengh now and my thinning is notice able in the front and mid areas its been getting me down as i dont have the confidents ne more to meet or talk to new girls :( .

i will be taking/using the following in the coming weeks Niz shampoo and msm powder ?
Is msm better in a pill or powder ?
I also hear vitamin B is good ? is that true how should i take that in pill form or will i get enought of it from a everyday multi vitimin pill ?

as i will be using Nizoralís shampoo i have also been using Loreals regenium xy thickennig shampoo i found this useful as every day use i did notice a small amount of thickenning but nothing much .

i hear good things about Nanothik Swell 'n' Coat Formula ? how could i use all these shampoo e.g i shower every day i would use the loreal shampoo everyday , nizoral 2 times a week what about the Nanothik Swell 'n' Coat Formula ? or am i doing too much ?

Should i shave my head when starting the use of the about products to not show the effects of shedding is it 100% if the product works i will have some shedding ?

Also how much on avarage does A fuller HT cost ? basic figures im looking at something to aim for ?

Thanks ever so much for your help everyone i would be so lost without you all :)

Thank you

#60 qwerty

qwerty

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 29 October 2006 - 05:12 PM

So is it true that castration would stop hairloss? I have my Stanley knife right here. :o

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users