• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 johnobrien

johnobrien

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 15 July 2006 - 06:52 AM

Hello, seems like the whole point of this forum is to sell nanogen and toppik. Any other products that get mentioned get thrown off straight away. I put a post on saying that I just bought something called IH thickener and it was so cheap, one quarter the price of nanogen and the same effect and it was cancelled within hours. Is this forum to benefit users of concealours or to promote certain products?
If you see this note how it will be gone very soon!

#2 Mike UK

Mike UK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 15 July 2006 - 11:43 AM

Hello, seems like the whole point of this forum is to sell nanogen and toppik. Any other products that get mentioned get thrown off straight away. I put a post on saying that I just bought something called IH thickener and it was so cheap, one quarter the price of nanogen and the same effect and it was cancelled within hours. Is this forum to benefit users of concealours or to promote certain products?

Hi Mate yea i diddnt get to see that post I must admit ! .
I dont use any products myself other than Nizoral Shampoo and i've only been using that for a few days
but i'm hoping someone will put me straight on why i need to use anything after having a HT
can you re post and hopefully i can catch it this time :)

#3 Bill

Bill

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 509 posts

Posted 15 July 2006 - 12:55 PM

johnobrien

Your first post on this forum was promoting a product that you say you bought on e-bay, a product I have never heard about !

Nobody gets to come on the forums plugging a product on their first posts.

Any product that has link to a site selling perscipition drugs are always removed, illegal.

Most of your posts are abusive to other people, that is not the correct way of introducing your self to a forum.

If evrything is such a problem for you why are you here ?

This is a friendly forum where users do have disagreements but usually they will have posted somethig constructive or informative to the community.

Bill

#4 Mike UK

Mike UK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 15 July 2006 - 01:58 PM

Johnobrien you cant argue with that , If you promote something dodgy and it has adverse effects to some poor shmuck on this forum it would be down to you so i agree with Bill on this one

#5 johnobrien

johnobrien

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 15 July 2006 - 02:03 PM

Ok, fine I accept your point about plugging a product, I just mentioned it was so cheap, but fine I accept that. But challenging the guy that keeps going on and on about nanogen and promoting it so blatantly isn't rude in my opinion. That is blatant promoting. How many times has he mentioned the stuff and why is he allowed to keep doing it over and over? The problem I have is people with hair problems not being given choices but being made to stick to rip off products due to people controlling information. Thanks. I am not aiming to uspset or annoy people.

quote name='Bill' date='Jul 15 2006, 12:55 PM' post='9187']
[quote]Hello, seems like the whole point of this forum is to sell nanogen and toppik. Any other products that get mentioned get thrown off straight away. I put a post on saying that I just bought something called IH thickener and it was so cheap, one quarter the price of nanogen and the same effect and it was cancelled within hours. Is this forum to benefit users of concealours or to promote certain products? [/quote]

johnobrien

Your first post on this forum was promoting a product that you say you bought on e-bay, a product I have never heard about !

Any product that has link to a site selling perscipition drugs are always removed, illegal.

Most of your posts are abusive to other people, that is not the correct way of introducing your self to a forum.

This is a friendly forum where users do have disagreements but usually they will have posted somethig constructive or informative to the community.

Bill
[/quote]

#6 johnobrien

johnobrien

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 15 July 2006 - 02:17 PM

By the way the thing I mentioned was a cosmetic, keratin hair thickener, just like nanogen. Nothing medical or prescriptive about it? Why do you say that Bill? What prescription drug was ever mentioned? Who is your biggest concealour seller Bill? I am really not here to argue but there seems no balance on this board to me.
I have nothing against nanogen, it is excellent but it is far too expensive with a so called 'locking mist' you could replace with hairpsray and there are exactly the same things out there. That is my point. Sorry if this has upset your happy board.

quote name='johnobrien' date='Jul 15 2006, 02:03 PM' post='9189']
Ok, fine I accept your point about plugging a product, I just mentioned it was so cheap, but fine I accept that. But challenging the guy that keeps going on and on about nanogen and promoting it so blatantly isn't rude in my opinion. That is blatant promoting. How many times has he mentioned the stuff and why is he allowed to keep doing it over and over? The problem I have is people with hair problems not being given choices but being made to stick to rip off products due to people controlling information. Thanks. I am not aiming to uspset or annoy people.

[quote]Hello, seems like the whole point of this forum is to sell nanogen and toppik. Any other products that get mentioned get thrown off straight away. I put a post on saying that I just bought something called IH thickener and it was so cheap, one quarter the price of nanogen and the same effect and it was cancelled within hours. Is this forum to benefit users of concealours or to promote certain products? [/quote]

johnobrien

Bill
[/quote]
[/quote]

[quote name='johnobrien' date='Jul 15 2006, 02:14 PM' post='9190']
By the way the thing I mentioned was a cosmetic, keratin hair thickener, just like nanogen. Nothing medical or prescriptive about it? Why do you say that Bill? What prescription drug was ever mentioned? Who is your biggest concealour seller Bill? I am really not here to argue but there seems no balance on this board to me.
I have nothing against nanogen, it is excellent but it is far too expensive with a so called 'locking mist' you could replace with hairpsray and there are exactly the same things out there. That is my point. Sorry if this has upset your happy board.

quote name='johnobrien' date='Jul 15 2006, 02:03 PM' post='9189']

johnobrien

I have nothing against nanogen, it is excellent but it is far too expensive with a so called 'locking mist' you could replace with hairpsray and there are exactly the same things out there. Is that constructive? That is my point. Sorry if this has upset your happy board.

Bill
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]

#7 Mike UK

Mike UK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 15 July 2006 - 02:28 PM

For what its worth , shouldnt the same rule apply to everyone ? :)

#8 johnobrien

johnobrien

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 15 July 2006 - 02:30 PM

What rule Mike? I am not here to argue with you at all.

For what its worth , shouldnt the same rule apply to everyone ? :)

#9 Mike UK

Mike UK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 15 July 2006 - 02:32 PM

By the way the thing I mentioned was a cosmetic, keratin hair thickener, just like nanogen. Nothing medical or prescriptive about it? Why do you say that Bill? What prescription drug was ever mentioned? Who is your biggest concealour seller Bill? I am really not here to argue but there seems no balance on this board to me.I have nothing against nanogen, it is excellent but it is far too expensive with a so called 'locking mist' you could replace with hairpsray and there are exactly the same things out there. Is that constructive? That is my point. Sorry if this has upset your happy board.

I was actually in agreement with the underlined statement

#10 johnobrien

johnobrien

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 15 July 2006 - 02:35 PM

Thanks mate. I mean if you can mention nanogen and all the others why can't a different cheaper generic version be mentioned? This is meant to be a free discussion forum. If people can save lots of money that should be the main point. Not whether it is their first visit or whatever.

I have nothing against nanogen, it is excellent but it is far too expensive with a so called 'locking mist' you could replace with hairpsray and there are exactly the same things out there. Is that constructive? That is my point. Sorry if this has upset your happy board.

I was actually in agreement with you !

#11 Mike UK

Mike UK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 15 July 2006 - 02:45 PM

I think you have to bear in mind that some new guys reading this forum are in a pretty desperate state
and would be ready to try anthing at all and especially if their funds are a bit on the low side .
mabe you should try to get more info on IH find out if its approved ' test results etc , I dont agree with these guys on everything as Im sure you will have read , but they have all done their homework and have a wealth of knowledge about this kind of stuff , but if your using IH im sure you could keep us all informed your progress
cheers :)

#12 johnobrien

johnobrien

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 15 July 2006 - 02:56 PM

The IH thing I mentioned is just a cosmetic thickener, got some this week and it worked exactly like nanogen. It was nine pounds for a 28g supply, I was using nanogen for four years which is 22 pounds for 12.5g, ( with p+p) so I thought I'd come on here and let people know. In fact the guy let me have a free trial before I bought it, he even posted it free. That is why I was so annoyed when my thing got thrown off, I mean it is so cheap and the person was giving it away, plus it was not a medicine, so I couldn't see the problem. I am not going to keep mentioning it or it will seem like I am a spokesperson!

I know that there are many desperate people out there, I am one of them when it comes to hair. That is why I am so passionate here. Well, I've used it all week and no problems, in a month will let you know how it works. It seems to have great feedbacks. I do respect the opinions of people on here but you must admit that some products are 'promoted' over and over and over. It might be a coincidence but they seem to be exactly the same things that sell well on this site. Regards, Stephen.
ps-I don't want to create the wrong impression on here I just want to say to people do your research, look around and try the cheaper generic things if they are the same.

I think you have to bear in mind that some new guys reading this forum are in a pretty desperate state
and would be ready to try anthing at all and especially if their funds are a bit on the low side .
mabe you should try to get more info on IH find out if its approved ' test results etc , I dont agree with these guys on everything as Im sure you will have read , but they have all done their homework and have a wealth of knowledge about this kind of stuff , but if your using IH im sure you could let us all know your progress
cheers :)

#13 Mike UK

Mike UK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 15 July 2006 - 04:13 PM

No sweat mate I can see where your coming from. :)

#14 i-hate-propecia

i-hate-propecia

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 03 September 2007 - 01:01 AM

QUOTE(johnobrien @ Jul 15 2006, 06:52 AM) View Post

IT JUST IS SO FUNNY JOHN - EVERY SINGLE POST YOU MAKE IS TO PROMOTE AN ALTERNATIVE TO NANOGEN AND TOPPIK YET YOUR COMPLAINT IS THAT PEOPLE ARE RECOMMENDING THEM. AS I HAVE WRITTEN ELSEWHERE - I RECKON YOU WORK FOR INSTANT HAIR AND YOU HAVE A VESTED INTEREST IN KNOCKING OTHER PRODUCTS.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users