18 replies to this topic

#1 avidmerrion

avidmerrion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 16 December 2007 - 03:01 PM

Hi guys, I'm in with Feller at end of Feb, but just wondering how long before you guys who have been with the doc went out. I'm about to book flights soon and was thinking arriving day before would be enough, but I'm bit paranoid about delays etc!!!

Also, anyone offer advice on which hotel on the suggested list I should opt for. I'm obviously looking for something comfortable, but trying not to let the costs get out of hand.

Thanks in advance.

#2 Spuraman

Spuraman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 16 December 2007 - 03:38 PM

Depends what you want to do really. im going on the tuesday and my ht is on the friday, i decided to have a little holiday before.

Do you want to stay in a hotel in the city or near Dr Fellers office?

#3 avidmerrion

avidmerrion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 16 December 2007 - 03:56 PM

QUOTE(Spuraman @ Dec 16 2007, 03:38 PM) View Post

Depends what you want to do really. im going on the tuesday and my ht is on the friday, i decided to have a little holiday before.

I'll prob stay near Feller's place. Prob be bit cheaper and lot more convenient, less hassle. You stayin in Manhattan?

#4 richie

richie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 16 December 2007 - 03:57 PM

Hi avid hahahaha hows craig from big brother ?

I flew out on a wednesday ,woke up in my hotel thursday and spent the day in mannhatten , it's mint bud you have to go check it out .

My surgery was on friday ,and my girl went back into manhatten on her own for the day , i felt great on saturday put on a cap and went back into new york ,flew home sunday ,it's easy .

The guys on here have stayed at all sorts of hotels ,i stayed at the anchor inn on northern boulavard , just 2.5 miles down the same road as Dr Feller's place ,there is a bus stop outside ,jump on a bus for $2 and Dr Feller's place is 3 minutes down the road . th anchor inn is cheap and cheerful ,cheeper than the other hotels but a little basic ,like a travel lodge with a fridge freezer .

Oh and make sure you have some dollars in coins , all the buses and trains are $2 in coins ,then when you get to a station buy a 7 day unlimited travel pass for $24 , that's only 12 ,this gets you any where for $2 a ride ,mint .

Below are links to my experiences .

Good luck bud .
richie

http://stophairlossn...?showtopic=3198

http://stophairlossn...?showtopic=3170

http://stophairlossn...?showtopic=3141
2100 crown grafts
Dr Feller
nov 2007

My Web Log

#5 avidmerrion

avidmerrion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 16 December 2007 - 04:20 PM

QUOTE(richie @ Dec 16 2007, 03:57 PM) View Post

Hi avid hahahaha hows craig from big brother ?

I flew out on a wednesday ,woke up in my hotel thursday and spent the day in mannhatten , it's mint bud you have to go check it out .

My surgery was on friday ,and my girl went back into manhatten on her own for the day , i felt great on saturday put on a cap and went back into new york ,flew home sunday ,it's easy .

The guys on here have stayed at all sorts of hotels ,i stayed at the anchor inn on northern boulavard , just 2.5 miles down the same road as Dr Feller's place ,it's cheap and cheerful ,cheeper than the other hotels but a little basic ,like a travel lodge with a fridge freezer .

Below are links to my experiences .

Good luck bud .
richie

http://stophairlossn...?showtopic=3198

http://stophairlossn...?showtopic=3170

http://stophairlossn...?showtopic=3141

hahahah Rich. Think Craig's ok, he's prob doin panto cos he's a Shelebrity!! I'll have a look at your links later on mate, appreciated. Been to Manhattan a couple of times, but defo think it might be worth taking another look before Feller. Don't think I'd be in quite so much mood to enjoy it after being to see him!

cheers again.

#6 Spuraman

Spuraman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 16 December 2007 - 04:58 PM

QUOTE(avidmerrion @ Dec 16 2007, 03:56 PM) View Post

QUOTE(Spuraman @ Dec 16 2007, 03:38 PM) View Post

I'll prob stay near Feller's place. Prob be bit cheaper and lot more convenient, less hassle. You stayin in Manhattan?

Yep im staying in manhatten, staying at the Novotel Times Square.

#7 spex

spex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,557 posts

Posted 16 December 2007 - 05:53 PM

Minimum - one day before - You need to stay in Great neck the night before the op! This is essential!!
Consultant and Showcase for Dr Feller and Dr Lindsey and Beauty Medical's SMP.

All opinions expressed are my own.Website : www.spexhair.com

My Hair Loss Education project : MaximumHair MinimumLoss.com

Posted Image

#8 Spuraman

Spuraman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 16 December 2007 - 06:09 PM

QUOTE(spex @ Dec 16 2007, 05:53 PM) View Post

Minimum - one day before - You need to stay in Great neck the night before the op! This is essential!!

I better book someone for one night near Dr Fellers office then, i didnt have any problems getting there on time before as the trains were good.

#9 steveyd

steveyd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 16 December 2007 - 06:56 PM

I few out on the Weds and had my HT on the Fri. I wanted a day seeing NY before taking the plunge, although I did spent much of it a little anxious and just wanting to get it over and done with. Although if you've not been to NY before, I'd still recommend the extra day beforehand

#10 GasMan

GasMan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 16 December 2007 - 09:18 PM

I just got back from NYC and seeing Feller. I had 3 days sight seeing before having HT. If you have time its worth doing and it'll take your mind off the HT. So much to see and do in Manhatten!

I stayed in the Pennsylvania for the first two nights, then moved to the Andrew in Great Neck (near Feller). Pennsylvania I wouldn't recommend. Great location but very basic rooms... Nothing like the Andrew which I would say is excellent. Large rooms with etherything you'll need for staying there and relaxing post op. Rooms have tv with over 60 cable chanels, a dvd player, papers every morning, room service and you are welcome to order in take away like pizza etc... Only 2 mins from Fellers by taxi.

Hope this helps...
1032 FUE Dr Feller December 2007
1mg of Proscar daily

#11 hairroot

hairroot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts

Posted 17 December 2007 - 11:54 AM

All the best. You can not go wrong with the best in the world wink.gif
1800 FUE session with Dr Feller 1/06 - Great, natural growth!
1400 FUE session with Dr Feller 11/06 - (waiting)

My 2nd session with Dr Feller

#12 avidmerrion

avidmerrion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 18 December 2007 - 07:53 PM

QUOTE(GasMan @ Dec 16 2007, 09:18 PM) View Post

I just got back from NYC and seeing Feller. I had 3 days sight seeing before having HT. If you have time its worth doing and it'll take your mind off the HT. So much to see and do in Manhatten!

I stayed in the Pennsylvania for the first two nights, then moved to the Andrew in Great Neck (near Feller). Pennsylvania I wouldn't recommend. Great location but very basic rooms... Nothing like the Andrew which I would say is excellent. Large rooms with etherything you'll need for staying there and relaxing post op. Rooms have tv with over 60 cable chanels, a dvd player, papers every morning, room service and you are welcome to order in take away like pizza etc... Only 2 mins from Fellers by taxi.

Hope this helps...
Great stuff guys, much appreciated.

#13 GasMan

GasMan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 19 December 2007 - 08:58 AM

QUOTE(avidmerrion @ Dec 18 2007, 07:53 PM) View Post

QUOTE(GasMan @ Dec 16 2007, 09:18 PM) View Post

Hope this helps...
Great stuff guys, much appreciated.

Contact me direct if you want any more detailed info on hotels/New York etc.... If you book with the Andrew remember to ask for the medical rate, saves a few extra pennies.....
1mg of Proscar daily

#14 Seaside Matt

Seaside Matt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 26 December 2007 - 06:28 AM

I'm flying out on the Friday night, skiing on the Saturday at Hunter Mountain, staying at the Andrew on Sunday night and procedure on the Monday. Fly home on Tuesday
3163 grafts with tricho closure (1's-723, 2's-1592, multis-848) - Dr.Feller 18th feb 2008
Visit my website

#15 bigmac

bigmac

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 732 posts

Posted 26 December 2007 - 11:12 AM

have a great time seaside matt

Two bad HTs with Norton
One bad HT with a Greek fue clinic

Great Ht With Shapiro Medical Group

#16 PB_

PB_

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,455 posts

Posted 26 December 2007 - 01:40 PM

When going for a HT, the Andrew in Great Neck is the place to stay. With the medical discount (remember to mention it when booking!) it is cheaper than a horrible dump like the Pennsylvania in Manhattan and breakfast is included. You can walk to Dr Feller's from the Andrew so you don't have to rely on a taxi that might not turn up. You'll be able to get a taxi back OK as someone at the clinic will order you one. I'd plan to get there a couple of days before the op to allow for delays/cancellations and allow for time to relax and check the route to the clinic before the day.

PB_

4532 grafts in two procedures with Dr Feller
Dr Feller 17.11.2005 - 2700 grafts into front 1/3 - excellent growth
Dr Feller 8.6.2007 - 1832 grafts in total - 1300 dense packed into hairline @ 65+ grafts/cm2 and 532 into crown (almost all singles at the front with a few doubles at back of hairline - all crown grafts are multi hair grafts)
Dr Lindsey June 2008 - 711 FUE
My Webpage

#17 Timuk

Timuk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 26 December 2007 - 09:35 PM

Hi Spex and seasons greetings to all.

Spex, sorry I know I keep coming and going on here, difficult to decide what to do but I know I must do something and would like to visit NY early 2008... Feb maybe if possible..

Anyway... could you let me know what would happen the morning I would visit the Doc... I have a couple of ideas that may be of no use once I see Doc Feller...

Does he carry out a consult and the options there and then and after that start the op ?

I really would like some advice and would like to see someone first to discuss options... probably asking too much.. I had sent some pics before but never seem to be able to get clear ones that show the plugs etc... am going to try again in a min

Cheers

Tim
Crap Uk HT in June 1992. Number of grafts , god only knows !!
Strip of approx 2500 with Doctor Feller 8th April 08
Proscar - 1/5 of tablet per day.

#18 spex

spex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,557 posts

Posted 27 December 2007 - 08:58 AM

Drop me an email mate and we can arrange a meet. At the meet I can take some very clear digital pics and send them through to the Doc via the bat phone (secret email wink.gif )
You can then call him direct and speak to him 1-2-1 re your pics. I can send you the same pics in the same order so that you both have the same pics infront of you at the time you talk - making it it much easier to discuss your personal situ. This is very common. cool.gif

Read through the numerous patient experiences with the doc to see the general routine the am of a session

Dr Feller experiences

FYI - the doc is booked through till April
Consultant and Showcase for Dr Feller and Dr Lindsey and Beauty Medical's SMP.

All opinions expressed are my own.Website : www.spexhair.com

My Hair Loss Education project : MaximumHair MinimumLoss.com

Posted Image

#19 GasMan

GasMan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 27 December 2007 - 10:55 AM

QUOTE(PB_ @ Dec 26 2007, 01:40 PM) View Post

When going for a HT, the Andrew in Great Neck is the place to stay. With the medical discount (remember to mention it when booking!) it is cheaper than a horrible dump like the Pennsylvania in Manhattan and breakfast is included. You can walk to Dr Feller's from the Andrew so you don't have to rely on a taxi that might not turn up. You'll be able to get a taxi back OK as someone at the clinic will order you one. I'd plan to get there a couple of days before the op to allow for delays/cancellations and allow for time to relax and check the route to the clinic before the day.

I second that!!!! The Andrew is great (its a Palace compared to the Pen!).

I got the hotel to arrange a private car for me to get to Fellers. Cost $8 and took less than 5 mins.... On return I got a taxi back from Fellers however I wasn't happy as In Great Neck they co-share taxis. I wanted to hide post op and get in the back of an empty cab but ended up in the back with a complete stranger??? Very strange sharing cabs with strangers... unsure.gif
1mg of Proscar daily

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users