40 replies to this topic

#1 spex

spex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,557 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 01:11 PM

There is a new Airline that a patient just informed me about - starting a new NYC - UK route smile.gif Starts 21 June cool.gif

Zoom Airlines

Consultant and Showcase for Dr Feller and Dr Lindsey and Beauty Medical's SMP.

All opinions expressed are my own.Website : www.spexhair.com

My Hair Loss Education project : MaximumHair MinimumLoss.com

Posted Image

#2 johnyd473

johnyd473

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,130 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 06:07 PM

Are they cheap? any idea if they go to T.O. and Ottawa? Actually im a lazy git will have a look myself.

I just looked and it appears they do fly to Toronto and Ottawa I wonder if they are any cheaper than opodo flights?Will check.

Im back and Yep Zooooom are significantly cheaper than any thing opodo can offer me ottawa. havent tried T.O. just yet.

Thanks for hint Spex.
Hairy
IPB ImageIPB Image

#3 hairroot

hairroot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 08:46 PM

Nice find spex! New york here i come...round 3 maybe wink.gif
1800 FUE session with Dr Feller 1/06 - Great, natural growth!
1400 FUE session with Dr Feller 11/06 - (waiting)

My 2nd session with Dr Feller

#4 spex

spex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,557 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 06:00 AM

They appear to be a very cheap airline to a number of destinations smile.gif - Prices will undoubtedly go up as the Airline gains peoples awareness but i just thought i would let you know about the new route they are introducing in June to NYC.

Posted Image

#5 comb-over

comb-over

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 14 May 2007 - 11:55 AM

Thank you Spex smile.gif
3220 Graft session with Dr Alan Feller - July 07

#6 steveyd

steveyd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 10:34 PM

What, in your opinion, is a reasonable price to pay for a return flight? I'm flying out on a Weds, and returning on the Sat, so thought it would be reasonably cheap.

From doing a general internet search at usual suspects, I've been quoted one at 350, and all the others at 850.

However, I did a search on this Zoon, and it's giving me prices of 22.50 to 52.50 singles... blink.gif

#7 James07

James07

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 08:09 AM

Awesome find spex, cheers.

#8 comb-over

comb-over

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 08:45 AM

You will find flights are cheaper if you stay a Saturday night. If you don't flights can be expensive. Try running the search with your return date on the Sunday wink.gif
I just flew with Virgin. Heathrow to JFK for 300 smile.gif Amazing airline. 100's of films to chose from on a big screen tv in the back of your chair. Makes the flight fly by tongue.gif

Stay Saturday night wink.gif

I used www.expedia.co.uk
3220 Graft session with Dr Alan Feller - July 07

#9 steveyd

steveyd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 16 August 2007 - 10:17 PM

I thought it was cheaper to return on a saturday, rather than a sunday.

My op is on a Friday. Would I want to stay an extra day in NY, having just had the procedure? unsure.gif

#10 s.a.f

s.a.f

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 918 posts

Posted 17 August 2007 - 12:17 AM

An extra day is a good idea to have a good rest after the op and this is possibly when the pain is at its worst so you probably would'nt want to be having to travel about and sit waiting at the airport, not be able to get a proper meal etc. I stayed on for nearly 3 days in NYC after my op.
--------

My HT Experience/Info pack

----------

#11 stevo

stevo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 17 August 2007 - 07:52 AM

I started to swell up around the side of my face about 24 hours after my surgery as i was on the flight home, when i got off the plane i was praying that i didnt bump into anybody i knew at the airport.

Next time i go over i will be flying home early ish the next day !
2600 grafts Dr Feller 28/01/08.
3024 grafts Dr Feller 15/01/07.

#12 spex

spex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,557 posts

Posted 17 August 2007 - 09:11 AM

Swelling can occur but usually kicks in 2 days post op dry.gif

Posted Image

#13 PB_

PB_

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,455 posts

Posted 17 August 2007 - 03:07 PM

I didn't have any swelling after either HT - well not in my face anyway. I did have to adjust the band on my cap so there must have been some swelling somewhere but I couldn't see it anywhere huh.gif I wouldn't have liked to travel back the day after... after a day's rest you feel much better.

PB_

4532 grafts in two procedures with Dr Feller
Dr Feller 17.11.2005 - 2700 grafts into front 1/3 - excellent growth
Dr Feller 8.6.2007 - 1832 grafts in total - 1300 dense packed into hairline @ 65+ grafts/cm2 and 532 into crown (almost all singles at the front with a few doubles at back of hairline - all crown grafts are multi hair grafts)
Dr Lindsey June 2008 - 711 FUE
My Webpage

#14 steveyd

steveyd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 17 August 2007 - 07:19 PM

so the general consensus is that I should fly back on the sunday rather than the saturday, with my op being on the friday?

thanks guys

Ooh - just to add that - what do you guys do if you do stay out for an extra day after the op? Do you feel like going out to take in some of the sights, or is it more a case hiding away with Cable telly and the movie channel!

#15 PB_

PB_

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,455 posts

Posted 17 August 2007 - 08:24 PM

I'd try and see some of the sights on thursday before your op, like the Empire State Building and the Statue of Liberty (boat ride out to Ellis Island and see New York from the sea). Then rest saturday, lay back and let the fluid drain from your head wink.gif Maybe you'll feel OK saturday and will feel like going out but I would be prepared for feeling more like resting, so see the sights before your HT.

PB_

Dr Feller 8.6.2007 - 1832 grafts in total - 1300 dense packed into hairline @ 65+ grafts/cm2 and 532 into crown (almost all singles at the front with a few doubles at back of hairline - all crown grafts are multi hair grafts)
My Webpage

#16 steveyd

steveyd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 09:36 PM

hang on - is there more than one airport in New York, as in London? Was just about to book my flight when suddenly I thought I'd better make sure I get the right airport!

#17 s.a.f

s.a.f

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 918 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 03:01 AM

Like London NY has 3 JFK La Guardia and Newark. I think the highest % of flights will land at JFK, Newark is about 25miles further away from Manhatton and Greatneck than the other two.
--------

----------

#18 arcticmonk

arcticmonk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 06:12 PM

Ideally try to land at JFK, its actually in Queens, Newark is ok but further afield in New Jersey (only the river away from Manhattan. I am pretty sure La Guardia is for internal flights only so you wouldnt be able to land their from the UK
Arcticmonk
Was a NW5/6
22 May 2006 - 3023 Grafts with Dr Feller, from the front working backwards - Very happy with the growth
20 Feb 2007 - 2700 Grafts with Dr Feller, 1,000 in the crown, 1,700 dense packed in the front - very excited
1mg of Proscar daily
3,000ml of MSM daily
Nizorelle 1% twice a week

#19 Martin1

Martin1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 853 posts

Posted 26 August 2007 - 08:25 AM

Fly into JFK smile.gif
2313 Graft Session with Dr Feller
My Experience My HT Tips Clinics to Avoid

#20 steveyd

steveyd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 01 September 2007 - 10:35 AM

Sorry guys,

I need my final bit of advice before I book everything up!

1) My op is on Friday, so will be returning Sunday. However, I am unsure whether to get a flight that leaves early Sunday am, or Sunday pm. (eg 8:30am or 9:20pm). I was wondering how I'm likely to feel on Sunday, whether I would want to have a lazy stroll/shop through NY, or if I'd just want to go home. Esp if there's a threat of face swelling ph34r.gif

2) I am planning to pay in cash for the op. PB mentioned that there's a $10,000 limit to take over. Do you need to declare that you are carrying a lot of cash, and also, from previous experience of flying to America, they are very nosy in discovering the purpose of your travel. If you're asked (esp at why I'd be carrying that cash), that I am there for a medical procedure? Or you just say pleasure?

3) Spex recommended an American Express travel agent for getting cash changed up? I presume travel agencies or bureaus are better for this than banks, then?

Well, guys - I think that's the last of my questions before I get everything booked and sorted next week.

Just 28 days to go...!

laugh.gif

#21 PB_

PB_

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,455 posts

Posted 01 September 2007 - 10:50 AM

They aren't very nosey about the reason for your trip. They only get nosey if you are going to be working there or doing some sort of business. If you are only going for a few days and have a return ticket there shouldn't be any problem. I've been three times, the first two times they asked and I just said "vacation", they checked a box on their form and that was it. The last time, they didn't ask anything. All these questions are on the form you have to fill in on the plane anyway.

PB_

My Webpage

#22 spex

spex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,557 posts

Posted 01 September 2007 - 11:01 AM

You will not need more than $10, 000 so no need to declare it.

you are a 2000 - 2500 session size - thats $7850

American Express have a deal on at the mo i think 1.95 biggrin.gif No bank will better that.

Travel back on Sunday night as then you will travel through the night with the time difference and arrive the next day in the AM wink.gif Best way to do it IMO.

No need to disclose you HT - Just tell immigration you are there for a fews days sightseeing ;-)

Posted Image

#23 steveyd

steveyd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 01 September 2007 - 12:58 PM

Guys, as always, you are absolute stars. Thanks for all the help.

Am looking forward to recounting my experiences, and also, getting some snaps of the Royal Inn.

See ya soon - at the Jan meet-up, I guess.

Btw - I have a friend who I've introduced to the forum this week, after discovering he'd been looking into HTs. He was starting to save up for one on harley street blink.gif Am sure he'll be introducing himself very soon!

#24 steveyd

steveyd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 01 September 2007 - 01:14 PM

am absolutely gutted! the flight I wanted has now gone sad.gif it was there this morning

is newark airport too far?

EDIT: Ignore this! For some reason, my flight didn't show, but did an advanced search and it did. So, all good smile.gif

#25 beachboy

beachboy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 01 September 2007 - 01:30 PM

QUOTE(steveyd @ Sep 1 2007, 02:14 PM) View Post

am absolutely gutted! the flight I wanted has now gone sad.gif it was there this morning

is newark airport too far?

Steveyd - I'm flying into Newark this Thursday for my session with Dr Feller - Getting from Newark Liberty to Great Neck is probably quicker than the trip from JFK

Here's what I posted on PB's Forum:

it seems fairly straightforward getting from Newark to New York. Here's what I've found out:

You can get a train service operated by New Jersey Transit direct from Newark Liberty Airport Train Station to NY Penn Station on Long Island for $14 one way - 3 trains/hr.

The Metropolitan Transit Authority runs the Long Island Railway service direct from NY Penn Station to Great Neck for $5 one-way and operates 2 trains/hr.

I'm staying at the Royal Inn on Northern Boulevard and there is a bus service (Bus No 20 or 21 on the orange route) that runs from Great Neck Station, eastbound (to Manhasset) along this road to the hotel and westbound (to flushings), straight pass Dr Feller's office, twice an hour. The service runs from about 5.30am both ways. Alternatively, if you prefer to go by local taxi - Great Neck Taxi 516-482-0077.

http://www.hollandtu...Newark_LI.html#

http://mta.info/lirr/

http://mta.info/libu...ps/maps.htm#map

#26 s.a.f

s.a.f

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 918 posts

Posted 01 September 2007 - 04:41 PM

QUOTE(steveyd @ Sep 1 2007, 10:35 AM) View Post

from previous experience of flying to America, they are very nosy in discovering the purpose of your travel. If you're asked (esp at why I'd be carrying that cash), that I am there for a medical procedure? Or you just say pleasure?

You will have to mention the procedure though when you arrange your travel insurance.
--------

----------

#27 PB_

PB_

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,455 posts

Posted 01 September 2007 - 06:30 PM

QUOTE(s.a.f @ Sep 1 2007, 07:41 PM) View Post

You will have to mention the procedure though when you arrange your travel insurance.

huh.gif Why? I didn't blink.gif

PB_

My Webpage

#28 s.a.f

s.a.f

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 918 posts

Posted 01 September 2007 - 07:11 PM

Last time I went they actually asked if I was going for a medical procedure when I phoned up for the insurance. If you dont disclose this information then they could technicly refuse to pay up on any claims.
--------

----------

#29 steveyd

steveyd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 02 September 2007 - 04:11 PM

Hi Beachboy - cheers for the tip, although I managed to get the flight I wanted to JFK in the end anyway! smile.gif Royal Inn told me that Newark airport was an hour ride from the hotel. I think I just want to jump in a cab rather than get lost on the public transport...!

The best of luck with the procedure. Looks like you're next, then I guess, followed by me. I assume this is your first time with Dr Feller?

QUOTE(s.a.f @ Sep 1 2007, 08:11 PM) View Post

Last time I went they actually asked if I was going for a medical procedure when I phoned up for the insurance. If you dont disclose this information then they could technicly refuse to pay up on any claims.

I think I just paid a standard travel insurance figure when I booked my tickets online. blink.gif How do you declare the medical procedure?

#30 beachboy

beachboy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 02 September 2007 - 05:03 PM

Steveyd - Thanks for the best wishes m8. Yeh - first and hopefully last for me. I'm going for what Spex estimates as a 1800+ session to create a sightly lower hairline, temple points and fill in temple resessions.

I'll post my experience when I get back, including what the Royal is like and how easy it is to get to Dr Fellers, etc that you may find useful for your trip at the end of the month.Glad you got the flight you wanted into JFK.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users