20 replies to this topic

#1 s.a.f

s.a.f

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 918 posts

Posted 29 December 2006 - 02:07 AM

A few recent posts have raised the subject of the importance of location when choosing where to go for HT surgery. And it seems clear that for some people this is a major issue, some would seemingly prefer to go to a local butchers and get sub standard work than travel to one of the best.
In my experience having to travel abroad was a drawback but also a neccesacity. I think that what puts some people of especially the non regular travellers out there is not the cost of a plane ticket but more the daunting prospect of being in a foriegn city whilst undergoing something as stressfull as surgery. This is especially true if you have to travel alone. Its not much fun being on your own immeadiatly post op.
Bearing this in mind I thought that it might be a good idea if wherever possible UK patients could organise through this site to book surgery on consecutive days and travel together for their HT surgery. Although this may not often be possible for reasons of practicality I can think of a few advantages:

One patient will get to see the experience the day before their surgery.
The Dr could have a quick look at what he's got to work on the following day or a quick check up on who he worked on the previous day.
Less chance of turning up late for surgery if you know exactly where the clinic is because the other guy went the day before.
You have a fellow hairloss sufferer there to talk to about any concerns etc or to compare HT's immeadiatly after and through the forum right throughout the healing/ growing process.

Anyone else have any views on this?
--------

My HT Experience/Info pack

----------

#2 PB_

PB_

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,455 posts

Posted 29 December 2006 - 07:51 AM

Excellent idea! And those travelling alone could also share the cost of a hotel room, if they don't mind sharing and cost of accomodation is an issue.

I'm booked in for early June, so if anybody is thinking of having a HT around that time and needs help, let me know. I've been to Feller Medical twice and know my way round Great Neck and Manhattan.

PB_

4532 grafts in two procedures with Dr Feller
Dr Feller 17.11.2005 - 2700 grafts into front 1/3 - excellent growth
Dr Feller 8.6.2007 - 1832 grafts in total - 1300 dense packed into hairline @ 65+ grafts/cm2 and 532 into crown (almost all singles at the front with a few doubles at back of hairline - all crown grafts are multi hair grafts)
Dr Lindsey June 2008 - 711 FUE
My Webpage

#3 James07

James07

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 29 December 2006 - 09:04 AM

I think this is a brilliant idea, and would certainly push me over the hurdle about getting a HT.

#4 TOMMYTWO

TOMMYTWO

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 29 December 2006 - 12:11 PM

I agree, great idea!

The thought of travelling alone to a foreign country/city to have your first HT is a definate put off.

Definatley character building thats for sure unsure.gif

I was lucky as i was travelling with the girlfriend at the time who looked after me for those first couple of days. Couldnt of done it without her!

Good stuff s.a.f.
2643 grafts with Dr Feller 07/03/2006
Strip with tricho closure.
Proscar 1/2 pill 3 x week
Nanothik shampoo 3 x week
Hair greed! it happens to the best of us!

#5 PB_

PB_

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,455 posts

Posted 29 December 2006 - 12:27 PM

The forum should hire a HT travel MILF to accompany guys to NYC and take care of them ie. carry their bags from the airport to taxi and from taxi to hotel, order taxis, deliver and collect from Feller Medical, bring them beer and food after the HT, bed bath etc.

PB_

Dr Feller 8.6.2007 - 1832 grafts in total - 1300 dense packed into hairline @ 65+ grafts/cm2 and 532 into crown (almost all singles at the front with a few doubles at back of hairline - all crown grafts are multi hair grafts)
My Webpage

#6 BadHairUK

BadHairUK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 784 posts

Posted 29 December 2006 - 12:30 PM

I know how it feels to travel as far as USA alone... and see how this might be a very useful idea. I think I was more worried about finding my way around Heathrow and even going up in a plane was a bit daunting. I haven't even had a holiday since I was 18 and now 34! Then there was the thought of the hotel and staying away from home or thoughts about finding the surgery, and that's all before even the surgery was going to happen.

Saying that, it definitely was character building as Tommy said smile.gif I think this has given me more confidence and I am definitely going to be travelling overseas again next summer and I think it was good for me to do this myself.

I can see sharing the experience would help some people with the whole journey... and it sure is worth the extra distance travelling.
1st HT was by Nobel Clinic UK.. 1994.... NIGHTMARE!
...Freddy Krugar could have done a better job!!!! :(

2nd HT Feller Medical 4th Dec '06 3160 strip :)
3rd HT Feller Medical 12th Nov '07 1800 strip ;)
4th HT Feller Medical 5th Oct '09 982 FUE ;)
Total Feller FU = 5942

Daily:
1/5th fin. (started 15th April'08)
MSM 1000 x2 (only for 1st 6 months after HT)

#7 PB_

PB_

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,455 posts

Posted 29 December 2006 - 01:11 PM

QUOTE(BadHairUK @ Dec 29 2006, 02:30 PM) View Post

I am definitely going to be travelling overseas again next summer

I can imagine... you will be running along the beach with your new hair flowing in the wind tongue.gif

PB_

My Webpage

#8 BadHairUK

BadHairUK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 784 posts

Posted 29 December 2006 - 04:38 PM

QUOTE(PB_ @ Dec 29 2006, 01:11 PM) View Post

QUOTE(BadHairUK @ Dec 29 2006, 02:30 PM) View Post

I am definitely going to be travelling overseas again next summer

I can imagine... you will be running along the beach with your new hair flowing in the wind tongue.gif

That would be awesome... I'm just not sure about the running! laugh.gif All this Christmas grub and beer has slowed me down to zero at the moment.. but its been worth it!
1st HT was by Nobel Clinic UK.. 1994.... NIGHTMARE!
...Freddy Krugar could have done a better job!!!! :(

2nd HT Feller Medical 4th Dec '06 3160 strip :)
3rd HT Feller Medical 12th Nov '07 1800 strip ;)
4th HT Feller Medical 5th Oct '09 982 FUE ;)
Total Feller FU = 5942

Daily:
1/5th fin. (started 15th April'08)
MSM 1000 x2 (only for 1st 6 months after HT)

#9 Lucky

Lucky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 30 December 2006 - 01:51 AM

I think this is a good idea guys, I felt like an alien in NY, I travel a lot but I felt as if I was out of my depths travelling alone and having surgery miles away from home, friends and family.

The only problem I had was I was so knackard after the surgery I didn't stir out of my hotel room for a day or so and if I had a buddy this may of been a problem, it sounds selfish but the procedure knocked me for six, possibly as I have never had any surgery like this before, nerves etc.

I think PB's idea of a HT travel MILF is more favourable, Do you think Dr Feller could arrange this for a small fee?? He certainly would have the leading edge on other HT clinics LOL!!
My Webpage

2500 Strip - Dr Feller - Nov '06

#10 helpme

helpme

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 30 December 2006 - 07:17 AM

The MILF tour cool.gif
2800+ graft session with Dr Feller June 07

#11 s.a.f

s.a.f

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 918 posts

Posted 30 December 2006 - 08:26 PM

I definatly think it would be less stressfull if there was someone there going through the same procedure. And only another hairloss sufferer could give you an honest opinion/description of how it looks. Often having someone see it post op is the last thing you would want but its ok if its another HT patient.
--------

----------

#12 johnyd473

johnyd473

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,130 posts

Posted 31 December 2006 - 01:22 AM

Thats a FANTASTIC idea S.a.f ! for the Feller bods here.

Wouldnt work for me tho, Unless any of you guys wana come with me to Toronto around March time laugh.gif
Hairy
IPB ImageIPB Image

#13 oldschool

oldschool

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 31 December 2006 - 01:14 PM

That could be a good idea, Ive travelled on my tobler meaning toblerone, meaning on my own, quite a bit without any problems but surgery away from home is another story altogether. But I dont think Id be much company because Id be too anxious and worried about the surgery to make any attempt at small talk, I think this is aloner job in and out as soon as possible.
Now a MILF in a skimpy nurses outfit doesnt sound half bad. biggrin.gif

#14 PB_

PB_

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,455 posts

Posted 31 December 2006 - 01:21 PM

Travelling wasn't a problem for me either and I'd probably rather go alone or with my wife as I did last time. I'm sure it would be a great idea for some though. Now how do I prevent my wife from coming next time so that I can have the HT travel MILF in a skimpy nurse outfit to look after me instead cool.gif ?

PB_

My Webpage

#15 spex

spex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,557 posts

Posted 04 January 2007 - 07:28 AM

This could well work and i will do my best to help by co-ordinating. I will inform guys when they are going if a HT buddy is going at the same time.

People often like to keep themselves to themselves though but at these various meets there are various friendships being formed which could well mean that guys may well have already met up a couple of times in person prior to travelling over to NYC and could co-ordinate their HT'S.

I am glad bigmac and Stevo aren't going together - they would be pissed up and too drunk for a HT wink.gif

See you boys at the openhouse cool.gif
Consultant and Showcase for Dr Feller and Dr Lindsey and Beauty Medical's SMP.

All opinions expressed are my own.Website : www.spexhair.com

My Hair Loss Education project : MaximumHair MinimumLoss.com

Posted Image

#16 stevo

stevo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 04 January 2007 - 10:52 AM

I am glad bigmac and Stevo aren't going together - they would be pissed up and too drunk for a HT wink.gif

Ha laugh.gif

This could be a great idea as a lot of people have said that flying over to New York on your own can be very daunting.

On the other hand this could make it a lot more temting to go for a cheeky pint
2600 grafts Dr Feller 28/01/08.
3024 grafts Dr Feller 15/01/07.

#17 s.a.f

s.a.f

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 918 posts

Posted 04 January 2007 - 04:49 PM

QUOTE(spex @ Jan 4 2007, 07:28 AM) View Post

This could well work and i will do my best to help by co-ordinating. I will inform guys when they are going if a HT buddy is going at the same time.
People often like to keep themselves to themselves though but at these various meets there are various friendships being formed which could well mean that guys may well have already met up a couple of times in person prior to travelling over to NYC and could co-ordinate their HT'S.

Do you have access to the availability of dates in Dr Fellers work diary then? That would be very useful to help people schedule a time that they could both have off work etc.
--------

----------

#18 PB_

PB_

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,455 posts

Posted 04 January 2007 - 08:49 PM

QUOTE(s.a.f @ Jan 4 2007, 06:49 PM) View Post

Do you have access to the availability of dates in Dr Fellers work diary then? That would be very useful to help people schedule a time that they could both have off work etc.

The forum calendar has dates of those who have let me know their HT dates.

Anyway, you guys can have your buddies, I'm going with the HT travel MILF:
[attachmentid=1808]

Should I get her a skimpy nurses outfit or just leave her like that?

Attached Thumbnails

• 14680399.jpg

PB_

My Webpage

#19 pete2

pete2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 04 January 2007 - 10:02 PM

LOL!!!

id leave her like that biggrin.gif

Now thats what i call an all inclusive H.T package, forget the excursions and sight seeing.
2650 graft with tricho closure- Dr.Feller 10th feb 06
2800 graft with tricho closure- Dr. Feller 04th feb 08

#20 garageland

garageland

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 04 January 2007 - 10:43 PM

This HT travel milf is going to put Mr Spex out of a job, does she do home visits?
I am the UK consultant for Hasson & Wong. My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

www.hairtransplantdoctors.co.uk

ukconsultant@hassonandwong.com

www.hassonandwong.co.uk

#21 spex

spex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,557 posts

Posted 05 January 2007 - 12:41 AM

I only have access to it like you guys do - By asking Marcy what dates are available. I know of several guys going near each other though soon and will let everyone know that there may well be a HT buddy available to travel with. wink.gif
Consultant and Showcase for Dr Feller and Dr Lindsey and Beauty Medical's SMP.

All opinions expressed are my own.Website : www.spexhair.com

My Hair Loss Education project : MaximumHair MinimumLoss.com

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users