19 replies to this topic

#1 Stan

Stan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 01:33 PM

Been using Fincar bought on line through Inhouse for a couple of years now and all seems well. However the last batch that arrived the other week is noticably different to the tablets I've received in the past. The coating is much thinner and the tablets crumble much easier when cut. Obviously alarm bells are ringing and I have emailed Inhouse for any comment the may have but haven't yet received a reply. Anyone else experienced this?

#2 bigmac

bigmac

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 732 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 03:44 PM

Hi Stan

I have not heard of inhouse selling fake drugs but i suppose if they dont check them when they recieve their supply some could easily slip through the net.

I will be interested to hear what they say when they reply to your email.

Keep us informed.

Two bad HTs with Norton
One bad HT with a Greek fue clinic

Great Ht With Shapiro Medical Group

#3 West Ham Wayne

West Ham Wayne

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 10:51 PM

Stan.

So have you actually had hair grow back? or just not lost anymore?

Cheers

#4 Stan

Stan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 10:24 AM

Just had a reply from InHouse who say their supplier hasn't changed and asked me for a few more details which I have given them. I will keep you posted.

WHW, Fincar worked well for me for stopping shedding, but didn't make for any noticeable regrowth. You need to catch hair in its dying (as opposed to dead) phase to have any chance of regrowth, mines been thinning for a long time, and when its gone its gone!

#5 bigmac

bigmac

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 732 posts

Posted 12 April 2008 - 09:24 PM

Get anything back on this Stan.

Two bad HTs with Norton

#6 Stan

Stan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 09:01 PM

Hi BM

Had a couple of responses, one from IH customer services, and one from their 'Lab' (!) person. Both emails were very polite and voiced concern. They assured me that they hadn't changed supplier and that they had no other reports of the tablets changing. I agreed that I would open the next packet, chop 'em up and let them know how that was (as the packet I had opened was the first of my annual batch). I'm due to start this next packet in a few days, I suppose I could do it earlier, but thought I'd put off the moment just in case it seemed bad news!!! I will post what I find though.

One a slightly different note, i would like to try and make Thursday, but I will struggle to get to manchester for that time. Like the idea though, would be up for the next one, weekend would be better for me. maybe see what others say on the night?

#7 bigmac

bigmac

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 732 posts

Posted 15 April 2008 - 07:48 AM

Thanks Stan for the update and i hope the next packet you open are ok and put your mind at ease.

As for the meet it would have been great to see you there but we will have more and when the reports are posted from this one we will see where people would like the next one and try to make it a weekend date.

Cheers Bri.

Two bad HTs with Norton

#8 Stan

Stan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 21 April 2008 - 08:28 PM

Well, its update time!

Broke into a couple more of the strips of Fincar tonight to cut up, and they were the same as the previous strip. There is a definate significant difference between this batch and the previous ones I've bought. I have sent off an email to IH as they asked me to and I will report back on their reply for those interested.

#9 Pondle

Pondle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 491 posts

Posted 21 April 2008 - 11:06 PM

I've ordered various bits and bobs from Inhouse in the past; I've seen plenty of positive customer feedback online and I've got no personal wish to criticise them. However, the World Health Organisation says that 50% of non-prescription Internet sales are counterfeit - and this should give us all pause for thought. Even if Inhouse is reputable, their products have an unknown origin; we simply don't know who their suppliers are.

#10 longpig

longpig

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 11:14 AM

Stan,

I wouldn't worry too much. I get mine by prescription form either my local NHS centre or Boots or Superdrug - all reputable enough places. I've received various shaped tablets (hexagonal, round, oval), some have broken in half quite easily and crumbled while others have pretty much needed a sledgehammer. The ones from Boots always tended to be Proscar, but I've received ones of varying consistancy. I'd have thought it's just something in the production process that varies slightly that produces this effect.

#11 bigmac

bigmac

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 732 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 03:54 PM

I hope there aren`t dodgy pills floating around.

Two bad HTs with Norton

#12 Stan

Stan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 08:20 PM

Thanks for the feedback chaps. I agree Pondle, IH certainly appear to be a reputable company and lets hope they're one of the good 50%!!

Longpig, your comments are really interesting, and I would have to admit I have been taking these different consistancy tablets for 5-6 weeks now and have noticed no shedding or sides. So with my optimistic hat on lets hope that this batch is just a production hick up.

Still haven't heard from IH but will report back.

#13 Stan

Stan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 02 May 2008 - 01:17 PM

I think I can safely say IH are ignoring me now!! I've sent a couple more emails to the people who replied to my first enquiry, and have heard nothing.

So I suppose we can read into that whatever we want, they've probably got enough customers and won't miss me!!!!

#14 bigmac

bigmac

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 732 posts

Posted 02 May 2008 - 03:19 PM

They are probably getting pee`d off with you Stan. smile.gif

Two bad HTs with Norton

#15 Pondle

Pondle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 491 posts

Posted 02 May 2008 - 04:35 PM

QUOTE(Stan @ May 2 2008, 02:17 PM) View Post
I think I can safely say IH are ignoring me now!! I've sent a couple more emails to the people who replied to my first enquiry, and have heard nothing.

So I suppose we can read into that whatever we want, they've probably got enough customers and won't miss me!!!!

Unlike a UK-based pharmacy, this offshore outfit operates - at best - semi-legally. They aren't accountable to a regulator and don't have to demonstrate an audit trail.

#16 tbf

tbf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 02 May 2008 - 06:07 PM

Stan i can say i have never had a problem with IHP,have used them for many many years,was taking their 5 mg fincar for 3 years and the 18 months i have been on their 0.5 mg dutasteride,both of these are generics and a lot cheaper than the real deals,the fincar is made by cippla in India and you can 12 months for about 50-60,and the dutasteride by Dr Reddys in India again 12 months 150 -160.its the only thing i have been useing for 4 years or more now and my hair is ok,since i switched to dut on the advice of Spex myhair has got a lot better,lots more regrowth.as i say never had a problem with any batch in all the years.

#17 Stan

Stan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 02 May 2008 - 08:11 PM

Thanks for the reassuring words tbf. I've been using Ih myself for a couple of years and things have seemed fine, so maybe this is just a glitch! My doctor has said he'd do me a private perscription, but it works out about 10 times dearer than IH, but at least it would definately be the right stuff!!

#18 Stan

Stan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 09:10 PM

Well, after a few months of trying to forget about the potential dodgy tablets i think its time for an update. In recent weeks I have noticed a definate increase in shedding and breaking of hair in my hairline. Its by no means a scientific study, but for nearly 3 yrs my hair has been very stable while using the original inhouse fincar and since using this "different" batch things are definately changing.

I'd be interested if anyone else has experiencd any change in their tablets since this was posted originally.

#19 HarryT30

HarryT30

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 07:32 PM

Glad I read this thread. I usually purchase my Proscar from IHP, but opted for the generic stuff instead as it's much cheaper. I've noticed my hair isn't as good as it was since using it. Perhaps it's just me..... I don't want to start alarm bells ringing though.

These are round shaped pills in small strips of 10 (I think)

#20 Stan

Stan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 09:20 PM

Well, I took the plunge and ordered a batch of proscar from Dr Ashcroft a couple of months ago as I had lost confidence in the IHP generic product. I've been taking them for almost two months now and not only have I seen an improvemnet in shedding, but have began to suffer the same minor sides that I suffered when i first started taking proscar 3 years ago.

So the only conclusion I can come to is that the last batch of generic Proscar I got from Inhouse Pharmacy were indeed not the real thing.

Not particulaly scientific, but I'm as sure as I can be. I'm just annoyed with myself for not using Dr Ashcroft before mad.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users